Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline Markers
Cylindrically [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2014 19:45 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a newbie trying to learn PD12. I'm having trouble figuring out of what use the timeline markers are. For example I want to make some video crops where a hand was in the way and crop out that portion of the particular frames. I set markers at the beginning and end of the frames where I want to crop. But when I go to the Power tools crop mode, it does not show where the markers are. It doesn't even show the time.

When I'm in this crop mode, I can hit play, or just do the advance frame by frame of course, but since I already did that when I made the markers, it seems like just having to duplicate the effort I already went through. I must not be understanding something that makes markers useful, unless there is a way to select and isolate what is between the markers. If there is a way, I haven't discovered it and could use some advice.

Thanks in advance.
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Enter CROP. Drag the blue pointer to the IN crop point, then click the ADD KEYFRAME button. Do the same for the OUT crop point.

The gradual action to/from your crop parameters will occur before and after those keyframes. The space between the keyframes determines how quickly the changes are made.

Experiment. You'll get the hang of it.
Cylindrically [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2014 19:45 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. Will do (experiment). Meanwhile,I had gone ahead and did it by splitting before and after in the timeline first, and then going to crop for each one, one at a time. Unfortunately, I had a whole bunch of these to do on several different videos.

So now that I did it that way, before I produce the video, can I just leave all of these split segments (I left no spaces between the clips) or am I supposed to do the grouping together thing?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18. 2014 23:05

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
The splits won't affect the output. Just leave them as is.