Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD12 is slow and bloated
BillyG1955 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2014 21:23 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've used PD9 and PD11. Upgraded to PD12 and was very disappointed in rendering speed. My main use is processing videos from my camcorder. Maybe we will get a patch to speed up the rendering speed.
I'm a long time user of PD
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi BillyG1955 ,
Welcome to the forum, good to have your participation.

Please can you attach a diagnostic of your computer - there may be something we can guide you on - video card drivers etc.
Check out Part B and Part A and provide the information please. Link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page

Dafydd
BillyG1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Without going into computer diaganostics, I will use PD11 as an example of a sleek, fast program.
I have used PD11 for around a year and have been very pleased with it.
I thought i would try PD12, since I have had good results with PD9 and PD11 and since it was
advertised as faster.
PD 12's rendering is very slow compared to PD11.
Same computer, same hardware, same everything.
Maybe Cyberlink will come up with a patch to speed up the rendering.

Thanks for your response.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Without going into computer diaganostics, I will use PD11 as an example of a sleek, fast program.
I have used PD11 for around a year and have been very pleased with it.
I thought i would try PD12, since I have had good results with PD9 and PD11 and since it was
advertised as faster.
PD 12's rendering is very slow compared to PD11.
Same computer, same hardware, same everything.
Maybe Cyberlink will come up with a patch to speed up the rendering.

Hi BillyG1955,
I'm not trying to dish your statement or concerns - you could easily be right on what you have as a PC. What I'd like you to do is give sufficient information so a reason why can be found.

Just an opinion. Likely faster if you have the latest specs in computers and have the right up to date drivers that match CL's!

Without sufficient information (data requested) there isn't a lot members can assist you with. Let's have your answers.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2014 09:06

BillyG1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I think that I gave you sufficent information regarding PD12's performance.
I know that the developers of PD12 would prefer to blame the slower performance
on our computers. But I believe that PD12 could be more the problem than my
computer. I would like Cyberlink to fix PD12 to at least match P11 on my present
computer without me having to buy the latest and fastest computer.
My use is mainly processing camcorder movies under one hour and usually less than 3000 mb.
PD12 takes twice the time than PD11.
Also PD12 uses over 5 gb of space compared to 4 gb that PD11 uses.

Thanks for your response

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd,

I think that I gave you sufficent information regarding PD12's performance.
I know that the developers of PD12 would prefer to blame the slower performance
on our computers. But I believe that PD12 could be more the problem than my
computer. I would like Cyberlink to fix PD12 to at least match P11 on my present
computer without me having to buy the latest and fastest computer.
My use is mainly processing camcorder movies under one hour and usually less than 3000 mb.
PD12 takes twice the time than PD11.
Also PD12 uses over 5 gb of space compared to 4 gb that PD11 uses.

Thanks for your response

BillyG1955,
You didn't give any information, you've made statements but you haven't backed up with any content that can be examined or assessed by members. I'm not questioning your opinion or comments, I'm asking for information that members can use to see if it's to do with 1. your system 2. what you're editing (new requirements). I understand your reluctance to post a diagnostic, there isn't anything personal stored in it and if zipped is hidden. I'm just attempting to assist you and for members to confirm your assessment. In that way you/we can get something done if it is needed.
Dafydd
BillyG1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd

Thanks for your responses. I really believe that you think it is my computer, not PD12.
I have already voiced my concerns to Cyberlink support.
Meanwhile, i will be waiting for Cyberlink's future patches to speed up rendering.
You are right, the forum cant solve my problem, because i do believe the problem is PD12.
If enough of us complain, maybe Cyberlink will get the message.
I'm not the only one complaining about slow rendering.

Best regards,
BillyG1955

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2014 11:15

[Post New]
But I believe that PD12 could be more the problem than my
computer.

BillyG1955;
Many folks are here to help you, but since we can not "SEE" or operate your computer, we ask for help from you to let us see the machine you run.

MANY people come here to complain about CyberLink, PowerDirector, and even to complain about other members. But, if you do not want real answers...well I resist the comment i SHOULD place here.

The fact is , we are very good at helping resolve problems that you may be experiencing if you participate and provide the helpful information that the experts are requesting. The experts run ALL versions of Powerdirector on ALL types of machines..they can help you get satisfaction.

If you choose not to provide the the experts the information to help troubleshooting, then you are just another complaining voice, unwilling to participate in your own solution.

Best of luck with Cyberlink Support. By the Way, they too will ask you for that diagnostic file to proceed.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2014 11:24

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi BillyG1955 ,
On the contrary, I'm not erring on either side. I know that PDR12 changed. I would like to eliminate your PC from the situation and then see if a simple test for members to carry out would bring similar results. There are plenty of editors here that have both PDR11 and PDR12 on the same computer and there are also many that have PDR9 onwards.

You're not "alone" you just have to give data that a) CyberLink can look at, b) members can look at (and replicate the fault). The issue will really be dealt with only after you and anyone else backs up a statement. Just "complaining" isn't enough. Constructive criticism with factual back up, supported by members with displayed data will get something done. Something you want done.

You should have given the data.

Dafydd
BillyG1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd, FredB

Thanks for your responses.
I guess i'm trying to make a point that if my computer is good enough for PD11,
shouldn't it be good enough to handle PD12?
Maybe PD12 has special requirements that PD11 doesn't have to have.

Could i ask you both this question?
Which one has faster rendering times for you?

BillyG1955

[Post New]
My short answer is: Every machine and every version of PD and every PROJECT interact and perform differently depending on the machine.

While your machine may NOT be the problem, it MAY BE a factor. I have personally spent too many hours trying to get users to understand this. Just follow the procedure and post your DXDIAG, and THEN see if people give you the corrections you seek.

There should NEVER be an expectation that one version of a program will perform the same as an OLDER version, even on the same machine. That is why they post MACHINE REQUIREMENTS for each version.

Others may have the answers you seek, but without the DXDIAG, hesitate to make a statement (smart folks they are().

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2014 12:25