Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering issues
Pettros1
Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Have updated to PD 12 early December and have yet to produce a video. Over Christmas have not really had time to deal with this.
Yesterday updated to 2409 and was able to produce a video to a folder and then burned to disc... but will only start from player on computer and not from a DVD player? Will not auto start.

My normal procedure is to upload my mts files from Canon Legria to PD timeline, edit out, etc. whatever needs doing, add a 10-20sec title w/music and same with ending. Go to create disc, burn to 2D and a folder. Works a charm in PD 10 but not PD 12.

1. First issue was would not go past 6% rendering, tried not burning and just to folder and same thing.
2. Up to Christmas a few more tries and a few more coasters to hang in the fruit trees to keep the birds away.
3. To backup a bit when I first installed PD 12 it was very suspect as seemed slow, editing view was not clear and not responsive. I felt a bit disappointed but after installing update 2409 that all became a bit better but still slower than PD 10.
4. Which brings me to the present. Today tried to burn folder and DVD and stuck at 6%... another bird scarer for the tree.
5. Most videos I do are minimum 1hr 15 to 1hr 45mins long. Smart fit in PD 10 would bring size down to 4370mb and now in PD 12 it comes down to 4699mb. Current video am doing is 4711mb. Nothing too amazing in any of this unless adding subtitles is a problem.
6. Have started PD 10 and loaded same file with out editing and within 1min up to 10% in creating folder. Smart Fit comes down to 4271mb. Now at 25% at 7mins and seems normal as when doing edited video will take 1-1 1/2hrs max. 2 to complete.

Have noted a few others are having other problems with PD 12 and that updates from CL are coming at a rate of knots, so trust this all will work out soon. And am definitely not the brightest spark on the block when it comes to editing etc. Can only say was not having this problem in PD 10.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Peter

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
231 time(s)
PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Pettros:

Normally a burn failure at less than 20% indicates a menu issue, if you are using a menu in your project. The latest official builld of PD12 is 2420. You might want to try updating and see if that helps.

You could also burn to folder, which you tried. I don't understand why it would not auto-start, but then I don't know what product you used to burn the folder to DVD.

You could also try setting your output format to DVD-SP. The maximum duration for a DVD in HQ format is about 67 minutes. Smart Fit is reducing your quality to fit your longer projects on to a DVD and there might be an issue there. DVD-SP holds about 137 minutes of video per DVD.

You could also try using DVD-RWs until you get your problem resolved. There is nothing obvious in your dxdiag file, other than a little more system RAM would be nice, but it should not be the cause of your problem.

Another Forum member has recommended the following app: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31428.page

I have ordered it, but haven't played with it yet, so I can't endorse it.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you are making out. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Pettros1
Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Gidday Phil,

Actually I updated to 2509 beta at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31687.page and things did get a little better. I typed 2409 by mistake.

My title is usually just a short 10-15sec clip with a title and sound clip and fade in and out. Yes I can say have just followed my nose and used format I thought best and it has worked with PD 10 and only 4Gb of RAM. Now have 8Gb and is slower.

Closed PD 12 and started PD 10 and just quickly dropped only files onto my timeline and straight to create disc. It produced to a folder in less than an hour (1hr 15mins video) and played with Power DVD with no problem at all. Actually when having this problem earlier I did produce them to H.264 AVC to try to fix problem was having. They still show in media files as .mts but also show H.264 AVC. They burned to a folder OK so should be correct. At moment have changed to H.264 encoding format @ 720 x 526 50i and see how that goes. After almost 40mins it has reached 20%.

Will have a try of the Phantom Drive S/W and see how it goes.

Basically I have used a system for me that has worked and now it doesn't?

Thanks much for your help Phil and trust your not spending to much time on the snow machine.

Regards,

Peter

Am using Ashampoo Burning S/W
[Thumb - PD12 scr.jpg]
 Filename
PD12 scr.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
251 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
89 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2014 07:42

PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Pettros1:

Thanks for your response. You are braver than I am. I stay away from beta patches unless they promise to fix a major issue that I am experiencing.

Had the tractor out this morning. We had a dump of 6" to 8" of snow overnight. Been a bad winter here so far. Enjoy your summer!

I am not familiar with Ashampoo burning software. I have used Power2Go and Imgburn on different occasions with good results.

Hope that Phantom Drive works for you. I have had a quick look at it, but don't have any video projects on the go at this time, so haven't experimented with it yet.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
garioch7
[Post New]
Pettros1:

I am slow on the uptake today. Must be all of that snow clearing fogged my brain. I noted on your screen capture, after I posted my previous reply, that you have BOTH burn to folder and burn to disc selected. I wonder if that might cause some confusion for PD12 ... ?

Secondly, you are burning to DVD Video (.mpeg2) format, and your project looks like it is 4:3 aspect ratio, but you have selected widescreen (16:9). I wonder if that could be causing some hiccups ... ? DVD video, to my limited knowledge, is usually in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Hopefully one of the real pros will chime in with some sage advice and we will both learn something. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Content on a DVD can be most any aspect ratio. 16:9 hs been common for in-home viewing since the advent of HD.
garioch7
[Post New]
Thanks, Borgus1. I am always learning new things on this Forum. I have never done a DVD in 16:9 aspect ratio, so was not knowledgeable in that regard.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Also I have burned to a folder and a disc (both checked) with success. Actually the program (it seems) does the encoding to the folder and then burns that to a disc. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Also I have burned to a folder and a disc (both checked) with success. Actually the program (it seems) does the encoding to the folder and then burns that to a disc.

As Steve has mentioned, the checking of both "write to folder and burn to disc" is a feature of PDR to split the Create process and to lessen the strain on one's computer. The render process is first carried out as a "Write to folder", using all resources, followed by the "Burn to Disc". Rendering track content and separating the two functions is the best option for editors in many cases.

Dafydd
garioch7
[Post New]
Thank you Dafydd and SteveK. Hardly a day goes by when I don't learn something on this Forum. Thank you for my continuing PD education.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra