Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy and Paste an audio track - is there a better way?
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys and gals, happy new year!

I was just working on a small project lately, and there was one clip that I wanted to slow down. So I unlinked the audio and then slowed the video by 50%.

Next I wanted to copy the audio track and paste the copy right next to the original. This is where I found trouble. All the options given require moving the video track to the right, or overwriting, etc.

I finally discovered a solution to my dilemma. I had to paste the audio and let PD move the video track to the right on the timeline. But then I was able to grab and move the video back into place on the left. So that worked.

I was just wondering if there is a better way to do this? Perhaps a shortcut I am not aware of?

Cheers! ~Tom~
[Post New]
If I understand right, what you want is very simple, the audio is already turned off the video, select and click Ctrl + C (Copy) selciona another empty audio track and click Ctrl + V (Paste) will paste exactly in position cursor, drag and position better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2014 14:47

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
"Select an empty audio track"

Ah, so that is the trick? Thank you my friend! ~Tom~
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
When it says to overwrite, can't you just do that? If there is nothing in THAT track spot, it should be OK, and the video above it will be unaffected.
You can always UNDO! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kmot
[Post New]
I was trying to paste the copied track, on the same 'track' but right next to it, effectively doubling the audio. That is where the problem starts.

Adding the copied track, to a 'new track line' as suggested by "playsound" would probably work. I have not tried that yet.

I did try "overwrite" and it did not double the audiom it just replaced the existing track with the copied track. ~Tom~
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was trying to paste the copied track, on the same 'track' but right next to it, effectively doubling the audio. That is where the problem starts. I did try "overwrite" and it did not double the audio it just replaced the existing track with the copied track.

Before pasting, did you position the scrubber at the end of the existing audio? That worked here - same track.
Is a bit confusing, as it prompts to "overwrite" - even if there's nothing to overwrite.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2014 13:38

[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I was trying to paste the copied track, on the same 'track' but right next to it, effectively doubling the audio. That is where the problem starts. I did try "overwrite" and it did not double the audio it just replaced the existing track with the copied track.

Before pasting, did you position the scrubber at the end of the existing audio? That worked here - same track.
Is a bit confusing, as it prompts to "overwrite" - even if there's nothing to overwrite.

I think you're thinking based on PD11.
PD12 improved tool Copy / Paste to any object on the timeline.
Using the keys (Ctrl + V) selecting a track that has enough free space to fit the object.
Will be pasted without pushing this and other tracks.
If you have something on the way, is given the options: override, push right, this or all tracks. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
PD 11 may do the same. When pasting it presents the options to override or to push existing tracks to the right, via the right-click menu, <ctrl-v> or <shift-insert>.
[Post New]
Quote: PD 11 may do the same. When pasting it presents the options to override or to push existing tracks to the right, via the right-click menu, <ctrl-v> or <shift-insert>.

Just to clarify, I said keys (Ctrl + V), that is simple or can be right click and choose Paste / Paste and Overwrite, if there is free space on the track chosen, does not alter the other objects in timeline.
Keys (Shift + Insert) here without action.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 08. 2014 16:33

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
[quote=playsound
Keys "Shift + Insert" here not without action.

You are correct about <shift-insert>. PD doesn't see that combo.