Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scene speed not retained
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Almost every time I reopen my latest project, a particular scene that I have at 3x speed does not save properly.
The clip in question would be, let's say 45 seconds at 3x speed. When the failure occurs, the clip is still 45 seconds, but speed 1x, and the end is now cut off. My music and pip clips after the infraction, are now not where they were before! Am I alone in this issue? Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD7 v1714 and it appears this is an issue. I see the same effects as you describe.

Hopefully CL is monitoring posts and will have a look.

Jeff
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
Oops, I forgot to mention, I also have PD7 v.1714. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry "all stars".... and JL

I'll pass the information on. I do the monitoring.

Thanks Barry, for picking this up - good spot.

Dafydd
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd, I know you admin'd but didn't know you did all the monitoring too. I thought maybe a few CL monitors. Hopfully it will be corrected in the next version released. I think http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3049.page
had spotted it too. Most likely was in the 1628 version too based on the date of this post.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2009 16:54

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff,

Dafydd
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

PD7 Build 1714

I hate to have to say this, but I agree with you (I had to swallow some pride to say that) if anything I am finding that the clip seems to be playing in slow motion as well. So thats now delayed my next project until is fix is found.

Hows the monitoring going Dafydd? any solutions yet

I feel out of place against all your 5 star ratings ( I have left myself open for attack by Barry now)

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2008 02:55

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right, where to start....

I've roped Robert into testing this issue and I've had a report from Barry on a Test File for PD7. Robert will get back to me asap.

I'm waiting for Jeff to get back with any data.

Robert, I've already spoken to you... even before i finished reading your posting...

Now some 12 hours later I'm writing a reply

Basically this issue is still ongoing....... just waiting for Robert really

Dafydd
[Post New]
I've got version 1628. Slomo at 0.3 speed isn't retained either. Doubtless it's part of the same problem.

I notice when reopening that if you select the clip and click on speed, the pointer moves instantly back to normal speed from where it was originally set.

Hoping PD7 will advise an auto update when the patch is ready.

Jan
Barry
[Post New]
Oh Robert,
ye of only 3 stars, what have ye done with me avatar, ye evil sot. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay,

The fix for this problem will be completed and released by the end of June.

Dafydd
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

It would appear that only two people know how to replace their avatar,
now, if you were to beg nicely, we may tell you what to do.

Woof Woof

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Timothy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2008 05:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ,

I'm new to editing and to this forum. Last weekend was my first ever attempt.....

I discovered a similar problem trying out Power Director for the 1st time.
When a clip is split, and the speed of the new clip is changed and muted. Re-opening after a save reveals the modified clips did not save reliably. The speed reverted back to pre-save, although the mute stayed on. Occasionally the previously edited clip was added (again) so it was repeated twice.

It would have saved several hours if there had been a list of bugs. Before I tried out Power director I tried a search under "bug" but nothing was found.

Part form that........I really like the s/w..it is dead easy for a newbie like me

cheers
Tim
[Post New]
When it's released where will we be able download the fix? Or will it just apply automatically when the fix is released?
Barry
[Post New]
The fix will be in a download, other fixes will most likely be included. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Nicolas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2008 17:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I have just been tearing my hear off because of this issue.

I can not work with this program if I am unable to save it.

Is there a download available for this now?

If so where do i get it.

Please HELP

Nicolas
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi
I have just been tearing my hear off because of this issue.
I can not work with this program if I am unable to save it.
Is there a download available for this now?
If so where do i get it.
Please HELP
Nicolas

Nicholas,
Thank you for the PM - wasn't needed.
The "when" you seek is decided by CyberLink and I do not have a precise date so the end of June begining of July still applies. We are all aware of the speed issue and other problems. I would rather RD at CyberLink check and amend before releasing.

ALL:
I'm not going to chase or presurise any employee of Cyberlink on getting a new build or patch released - it would not be constructive use of my time or the recipient. The task is on hand and the urgency of it is well known.

Dafydd
[Post New]
When the patch is available, will it be available here?
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/updates_4_ENU.html

Right now, there is no updates for version 7.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 30. 2008 16:33

John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2008 15:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I guess the fix is not yet out then ?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Please contact customer support:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html
Ask for the latest build.

State a reason of course......