Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I level a video clip
1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2010 16:15 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I've looked through a lot of the tutorials but couldn't find anything that would help me LEVEL a video clip. The camera was slightly tilted so the horizon in the video is slightly off. I've tried the rotation tool but then that leaves black areas on the screen and I assume will be in the finished video. Does anyone know how to level a video clip? Thanks.
Aus_Sean [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Nov 27, 2013 19:55 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I would do what you've said, use the rotation the tool to level it. You'll then need to zoom in to overcome the black areas. It's essentially the same approach to stabilising.

There may be alternative approaches and I look forward to hearing what they may be, but that's what I'd be trying.
[Post New]
Depending how much tilt it is,if it's only a minor I suggest use borders for you video black colors and use the rotatinal tool but don't zoom in.
You need to download some pip or something.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/search/effect-search.do?keyword=border&x=0&y=0#EE,SOUND,TT:title,MT,PFX,PRESET,AVATAR:avatar,AVATARC,ACC,BG,MGS,AR,ENV,ACE,TP,CP,DB__Relevance__AllTime__All__ALL__All__-1__2__16

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2013 21:45

1rlmosk2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2010 16:15 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, you two. I'll give it a try.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
or another possibility is this - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30731.page#168687

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!