Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjusting transition length by mouse no longer possible???
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Why can't I adjust a transition effect by using the mouse anymore? It was of course possible in PD 11.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Why can't I adjust a transition effect by using the mouse anymore? It was of course possible in PD 11.

Hi, Are you working with overlap or cross transitions. Is it any particular one or all of them in a category or in the full list. I just tried several with both cross and overlap and they both worked.

Have you expanded your time line so you can see the transition well?

If you right click on the transition and select to modify, change the time and try it. Then go back, again select the transition and change the type and try that. Does it work?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2013 04:16

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I have had no problems using the mouse to stretch the transition as needed. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
PD 12 seems to have gone crazy. Some transitions can be adjusted, some can't. When I put one transition on top of another (which couldn't be adjusted) the one on top can (any two work)!!

To top it off: When I shorten that one and try to lengthen it again it can't be altered anymore!!!!

When drawing the second one on top of the first there are suddenly two small squares at the mouse pointer, one white and one green, which I have never seen before either!

Also, as soon as I had shortened a clip by drawing with the mouse, video and audio were suddenly unlinked!!!

AND: When adjusting the transition length manually it only lets me go to "24/100 seconds" then it switches to the next full second!!!! (e.g. after length 1.24 sec comes 2 seconds!)

Can you explain any of that, please?! Did PD 12 install one more of those glorious "updates" behind my back? My version is 12.0.2230.0.

If I could go back in time I'd never have bought this buggy mess called PD 12 and had stayed with PD 11, where nothing of all that ever happened.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 12:06

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alessandro -

Maybe PD hasn't gone completely crazy. Like Steve & HDedit, transition duration (here) can be changed by dragging either end. As Steve suggested, expanding the timeline makes that a lot easier. Did you try that?

The green & white offset squares show only when you replace one transition with another by dropping the new one on the other. That's normal. It happens every time you take that action.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Transitions_mod.png]
 Filename
Transitions_mod.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
236 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2013 14:07

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Of course the timeline is properly expanded. ;-)

I don't know, all of this only started TODAY!!! I've been using PD 12 since it came out some months ago but it has never behaved like this until today.

Will try it again during the next few days. Thank you so far for your answers.