Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Re-download//Solved
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all. I'm back once again.
I just did a restoral to factory settings. I'm looking for a way to re-download/install my PD11 Ultra.
Any ideas or should I post to tech support?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2014 11:23

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just did a restoral to factory settings. I'm looking for a way to re-download/install my PD11 Ultra.

Look here... http://www.cyberlink.com/support/purchase-faq-list.do
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
After you get your new copy I'd strongly suggest that you save the installation files on your computer for all programs that you download. Hard drive space is cheap nowadays, and having the files readily accessible has saved me a lot of grief over the years. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You should not only save a copy of the downloads file on your hard drive, you should store a copy on an external Hard drive and Burn a copy to a DVD along wth the CD Key email.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl312, BillyR and borgus1. Good to see you all.
Well, I had off-site backup and figured that would be sufficient for the reinstall. I "assumed" that I would be able to "pick and choose" what I could restore. Alas. Not to be. I selected Cyberlink and everything started restoring. I'm now over 12-hours and it's still restoring and backing-up at the same time. What a bummer!!Needless to say, I won't be doing that again.
I thought I had a back-up burned to disc, but I can't find it. You can bet that I will be making a back-up and put it on my flash drive (32GB), if it will fit.
So, I figured I'd just go ahead and re-download and get it out of the way.
Guess I'll just wait for the restoral to complete. As usual, I always have to do things the hard way. Comes with age, I guess.
Thanks for all the responses.
By the way, BillyR. It was on my hard drive (1TB) but was wiped out when I did the factory restoral.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2013 10:31

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I "assumed" that I would be able to "pick and choose" what I could restore. Alas. Not to be. I selected Cyberlink and everything started restoring. I'm now over 12-hours and it's still restoring and backing-up at the same time. What a bummer!!

Indeed. Consider purchasing an imaging utility (or seeking out one of the free ones). Acronis True Image and Terabyte's IFW are popular. When everything is humming along, create an image and save it to DVD or an external drive.

Should disaster hit, the entire partition, or disk, can be restored - even if the O/S won't boot. Unless hardware or boot files are hosed, you're back up and running in minutes. Individual files can be extracted from the image as well.

Save a new image after upgrades are made, but retain the old ones for some time, just in case.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2013 10:42

boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that info. I can't thank you all enough for all the valuable info I get from you. Keeps my rear-end out of the fire. Jack
BillyR
Senior Member Location: Southeast US Joined: Jun 19, 2013 14:33 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Ditto on what Carl and borgus1 added. I use Acronis, which I first bought to migrate my C drive to an HDD and it worked perfectly, saving me hours of reinstalling programs. BTW, I use a 256 GB HDD for my C drive and a couple of 2 TB regular disks for everything else, plus regular backups as borgus says on an external. That avoids a restoration or reinstall wiping out my other files. However, I only use Acronis for backing up my C drive; I prefer to use the old drag-and-drop for everything else so that the files will be more easily accessible. Dell Precision 7510 Laptop
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Intel(R) XEON(R) CPU E3-1505M v5 @2.80 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Windows Experience Index 7.5
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow!! Guess what!! I got to searching through a bunch of stuff and VIOLA!! I found my PD11 upgrade disc that I got from Cyberlink.
I'm back in business.
Now, if I can find a way to stop the off-site restoral. Ain't gonna use that software again. Tried to do a chat with them. Didn't work. Sent email yesterday afternoon and still no response.
Got my money and don't care about after sale service, I guess.
Anyway, thanks guys. I always look forward to the invaluable info I get in these forums.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2013 10:59

Jack