Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NVidia 313.65 BEWARE
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
After install of this driver in Windows 8.1, an archived project insisted upon (slowly) rendering, which had never been the case before.
After the render, it played with black holes and areas where audio motorboated. Deleting cache files wasn't the fix. Rolling back to 313.58 was.

However, with 313.58, a partial render (of a selected segment) also hosed the archival file in similar fashion, auto-rendering portions of the file when played, and then refusing to play the result without the problems mentioned above. In that case, deletion of cache files and reloading of the project restored it.

The latest driver isn't always the best, though they are said to be backward compatible.
Just conjecture, but perhaps a characteristic of the "latest" driver trips up PD, as opposed to features of the driver that was then the latest at the time the program (or most recent patch) was released.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 31. 2013 13:20

RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
I stayed with 331.58

Nvidia is pushing these updated drivers specifically targeted at gamers. (The one up-manship with AMD pushing out their own drivers and tweaks for the latest greatest games,) is causing the rest of us headaches.

I just did a couple test renders of archival material with both
PD 12 - latest working patch 2203 & Nvidia 331.58- as well as
PD 11 - latest patch 3230 & Nvidia 331.58

both Produced files, image & video came out okay.
PD 12 is faster with SVRT by a full 2:30 mins on my older 3rd gen Intel system for these tests. I was pleasantly surprised.

R
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be