Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can we do two PIP's in the same project?
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I have made videos before with one PIP in it. That would be two tracks on the timeline.

I am currently working a project that has three tracks in the timeline. I have unlinked the audio tracks from the video tracks. I can shrink two of the tracks, but the main window or track, is all black. But I am still getting the audio from that blacked out video track.

Is this something that is not supported in PD11? Am I limited to only one PIP?

Thanks! ~Tom~
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
100 tracks Kmot. 100 PIPs.
Maybe a screenshot of your timeline would help. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
PD11 accepts up to 100 track, or 99 pip on the master track.
What happens to your project is program error, already happened to me many times, I delete clips and it continues even without display.
Sometimes repairs to close and reopen the project. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Playsound,
I was also wondering if Kmot has that ghostly issue you and I had in an earlier build.
In my case, I did not split the audio from the video, PD did it all on it's own, and I could no longer resize the affected video file.
I'm beginning to suspect s bug, but it's so rare.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2013 19:27

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I thought it had way more tracks but was unsure about whether PiP was enabled in more than one since this is the first time I have tried more than one and it does not work.

Thanks fella's, I will go back and re-open the project and hopefully the bug-a-boo id gone.

I will keep you informed... ~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
Rats!
[Thumb - PiP Problem.jpg]
 Filename
PiP Problem.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
263 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
99 time(s)
~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
Progress!

I first tried to re-link the audio and video tracks to see if that would do anything. I cannot, it will not allow it.

I then decided to remove the third audio track, and then third video track. Suddenly one of the small windows changed to the master track! So I enlarged it some and then using the back arrow re-added the third video track. This worked. However, when I tried to re-add the third audio track it went black again.
[Thumb - Pip Progress.jpg]
 Filename
Pip Progress.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
286 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
97 time(s)
~Tom~
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Progress!

I first tried to re-link the audio and video tracks to see if that would do anything. I cannot, it will not allow it.

I then decided to remove the third audio track, and then third video track. Suddenly one of the small windows changed to the master track! So I enlarged it some and then using the back arrow re-added the third video track. This worked. However, when I tried to re-add the third audio track it went black again.

Try adding the audio to Track 4 or to the Music track. (You can add more tracks in Track Manager).

You have the video and audio separate. The audio does not seem to be a part of that video.
Maybe you should use a separate Track for the audio, one that does not have video in the top half.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kmot
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, if I have this problem again I will that idea a whirl. In the meantime I ended up making a video out of the mess and I am OK with it.

~Tom~
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl, if I have this problem again I will that idea a whirl. In the meantime I ended up making a video out of the mess and I am OK with it.

To embed a Youtube video you use the Long Link.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28822.page

Here is your video playing in the Youtube player here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32whrNEbHs[/youtube]

Link looks like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32whrNEbHs

I hope you do not mind me reposting your video.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kmot
[Post New]
Not a problem, thank you Carl.

FWIW, I used the "Youtube" control bar in the posting options. ~Tom~
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Not a problem, thank you Carl.

FWIW, I used the "Youtube" control bar in the posting options.

Yes, but you used the 'Short link" the youtu.be link does not work in the forum.

You go to the video on Youtube and copy the address in the address bar of the browser.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26. 2013 10:43