Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A quick question: If I download the PD12 Trial
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I have never downloaded and used a trial version. I normally just upgrade and buy the new version.

My question is, if I download and install the PD12 trial version, will it do anything to my PD11 that I normally use? IE, will it mess it up?

~Tom~
[Post New]
I downloaded the Director Suite 2 trial including PD12.

I already have the original Director suite (including PD11) installed.

PD 11 had no issues.

I can't say for sure but I believe that Photo Director 5 messed up my Photo Director 4 in that I am unable to open certain jpegs in certain folders which I didn't have issue with before.

I can take the offending jpeg out of a folder (say A), move it to a different folder (say B), then both Photo Director 4 (and 5) open it without issues. Many other jpegs in folder A open without issue and were taken with the same camera at the same time with exact settings. Just certain ones don't open directly from "import". Photo Director 4 didn't have this issue till the trail install. Upon removal of the trial, the problem persists though. This is why I can't nail it down exactly.

Probably more info than you wanted
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
No, I appreciate the detailed reply! I also have DS1 and wanted to test the Multi-Cam feature in PD12. Thanks. ~Tom~