Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam Audio Analysis doesn't work when clips are "enhanced/fixed" ?!
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Before I wanted to mix my three cameras I had to do some fixing, i.e. making the original camera video files (mp4) brighter since two of them were way too dark. I then produced mpeg files which I then wanted to use in multicam designer.

They wouldn't synchronize any more! Only one of them "has a soundtrack" now in the multicam window, the other two are "mute" - but of course they aren't, I checked that, the clips are fine.

Now when I add an original unprocessed clip as a fourth camera and press "Audio Analysis", lo and behold, it works. After deleting this fourth track I can do my multicamera work.

So what am I missing here? This can't be the way it works, right?! Shouldn't I produce new (mpeg) files of the enhanced clips and just use them as they are after enhancing?

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Dealing firstly with the missing audio :
I can't replicate this but within the MC module only the audio from the selected camera source is played, if that is not at the timeline scrubber point, then the other tracks will appear as muted. Each can be "unmuted" by choosing it as the selected camera audio source.

Dealing with the enhancements :
I tried a simple desaturation, produced as an .mpg, giving an .mpg with dolby audio to be synched with an original .mp4 with AAC audio. MC worked as normal.

This thread may also indicate an issue
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30238.page

but perhaps more details about exactly what you are doing might be helpful?

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
As I said, when I try to audio-synch the processed mpeg files it won't do that, simply putting the files after each other, but the same sound is there, in every file! Only with an original mp4 from the camera present (as a fourth track) the other three files are then synched.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 11:43

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
OK, now you have indicated that the clips are placed one after another, and I did experience that in an earlier pre-release version, but I was not in "troubleshooting mode" as I had a tutorial to produce.

I recall that I could reproduce the problem because I demonstrated it to a colleague but it was a couple of months ago and I cannot remember the exact circumstances. I will try to have a skype con with him tomorrow and see if we can tie it down further.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.