Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
producing slideshow
Cusance [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 08, 2012 07:29 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have upgraded to PD12 from 11. It was my custom if there were photos as part of a movie, to create a slideshow and Produce it so I could then vary the playback time by changing the video speed, seeing that the various motions in the slideshow presets are fixed. However, unless In am totally losing my marbles, when I now in PD12 move to produce the slideshow, PD12 start producing the whole project. Not just the slideshow. Unless I am doing something wrong, it is now necessary to open a seperate project, load the pictures, produce the slideshow. then open the original project and import the produced slideshow video. Unless i am very much mistaken, this was different and easier in PD11???
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Could one of you experts please let me know if this is a bug? I am sure that in pd11 you could produce a file and have it appear in your media room without having to leave the project? This is now not possible as I have indicated above. I would love some more info, maybe I am doing something wrong, but as I use this facility a lot (producing a slideshow as a video file so i can vary the playback speed) as things stand it is a bit of a pain.
I have uninstalled pd11 so cant check back. Thanks.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
What happens here is:

I place a few videoclips in timeline.
In between, in 2 locations, I place some photos.
I select the photos in location 1, choose a slideshow template, click to produce.
Slideshow produces, but yes – when right after taken to Produce, PD 12 wants to produce the whole project.

I ignore that, click back to Edit, and there is the slideshow in place in timeline.
This is happening consistently.

BUT, the produced slideshow is not to be found in Media Content.

You then have the option to produce range, but yes, it's sort of a workaround.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 08:34

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks 1Nina for this further clarification. You are right, this is exactly what is happening in PD12. The slideshow is still there but still as a slideshow. you can actually go back to the individual photos. this means it hasnt been produced of course and therefore one can not use Power Tools to manage playback speed etc. I think this is a bug. (and a pain). So the only way to solve this in PD12 is to open a seperate project, import the pics etc etc etc.
Its a complete pain. Cyberlink please sort this with a patch.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cusance & Nina -

In this regard, PD11 & PD12 behave exactly the same way.

Mixed media in timeline
Select images - apply slideshow template
Select "Produce Video"
Slideshow inserted in timeline
Complete video produced

PD12, unlike previous versions, has the facility to produce a selected range of the project. Use the range selector & right click to produce. That will give you what you want... just insert the produced file to replace the slideshow, then you can apply video speed.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Produce Range.png]
 Filename
Produce Range.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
350 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2013 13:38

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for pointing this out. I will look at this. however I am fairly sure that in PD11 I could just produce the slideshow which would then appear in the media room and I could then place on the timeline, deleting the older slideshow.
but Maybe i am remembering this wrongly or there was something strange about my PD11. Thanks for the heads up on this solution.
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Cusance & Nina -

In this regard, PD11 & PD12 behave exactly the same way.

Mixed media in timeline
Select images - apply slideshow template
Select "Produce Video"
Slideshow inserted in timeline
Complete video produced

PD12, unlike previous versions, has the facility to produce a selected range of the project. Use the range selector & right click to produce. That will give you what you want... just insert the produced file to replace the slideshow, then you can apply video speed.

Cheers - Tony

Sorry Tony but I dont follow this. Can you please explain a bit more how one 'selects a range' as I do not seem to be able to do this. cant find it anywhere. Where is this range selector and at which point in the procedure do you use it? I can only see three options after taking the 'produce' function: Produce Video, Create Disc, and 'advanced editing' which just brings me back to the timeline screen.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cusance -

You're partly on the right track. After you finish building the slideshow select Advanced Editing to return to the main timeline. That's where you can select a range to produce.

Here's a quick toot showing how http://youtu.be/NIwauYXF76I

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: I have upgraded to PD12 from 11. It was my custom if there were photos as part of a movie, to create a slideshow and Produce it so I could then vary the playback time by changing the video speed, seeing that the various motions in the slideshow presets are fixed. However, unless In am totally losing my marbles, when I now in PD12 move to produce the slideshow, PD12 start producing the whole project. Not just the slideshow. Unless I am doing something wrong, it is now necessary to open a seperate project, load the pictures, produce the slideshow. then open the original project and import the produced slideshow video. Unless i am very much mistaken, this was different and easier in PD11???

I make slideshow in PD11 and PD12 now, did not notice any difference.
I know there are models slideshow which is mounted within a project without modify it.
But it has 1 or 2 does not accept sharing the timeline.
I think this should be your case. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Cusance -

You're partly on the right track. After you finish building the slideshow select Advanced Editing to return to the main timeline. That's where you can select a range to produce.

Here's a quick toot showing how http://youtu.be/NIwauYXF76I

Cheers - Tony

Right, got it. I have been using PD for years and never knew this 'range' facility existed. Guess I never had to use it.
You are obviously right if this is also how it worked in PD11. Begs the question how i use to do it ???
could be my age of course doing it one way and remembering it differently. Over 55 you are allowed to have these 'senior moments' (according to my brother, also over 55).

Thanks for the assistance.
Cusance [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I have upgraded to PD12 from 11. It was my custom if there were photos as part of a movie, to create a slideshow and Produce it so I could then vary the playback time by changing the video speed, seeing that the various motions in the slideshow presets are fixed. However, unless In am totally losing my marbles, when I now in PD12 move to produce the slideshow, PD12 start producing the whole project. Not just the slideshow. Unless I am doing something wrong, it is now necessary to open a seperate project, load the pictures, produce the slideshow. then open the original project and import the produced slideshow video. Unless i am very much mistaken, this was different and easier in PD11???

I make slideshow in PD11 and PD12 now, did not notice any difference.
I know there are models slideshow which is mounted within a project without modify it.
But it has 1 or 2 does not accept sharing the timeline.
I think this should be your case.

thanks. i think i have this sorted now.