Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You gotta be kidding me - where are all my PD 11 transitions and effects/PiPs etc. in PD 12?
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
I bought and installed PD 12 today and lo and behold - almost all of my effects / transitions from PD 11 are gone!

e.g. in PD 11 I had 27 Wipe transitions, now in PD 12 it says I have 11 !!! Where are the other 16?

Also in PD 11 I had collections from PD 8, 9 and 10, e.g. 69 title templates from PD 8, 48 from PD 9 and 16 from PD 10! In PD 12 they are all gone.

I had three ripple transitions, now only 1! Where are they?

Can they just be copied somehow into PD 12? I sure hope so because if not then PD 12 is pure nonsense.

Please please help me.
[Thumb - pd 11 1.jpg]
 Filename
pd 11 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
27 Wipe Effects!!
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
70 time(s)
[Thumb - pd 11 3.jpg]
 Filename
pd 11 3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD 8, 9, 10 collections!!
 Filesize
58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
74 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2013 18:29

[Post New]
PD12. does not add effects packages installed older versions.
The basic packages PD12, already comes with almost all material.
Custom effects (created) and download it all added.
Transitions were added new, some transitions were grouped, so you need to select the run mode, left, right, up, down, color etc ...
Use the Modify button
See the picture posted

[img]https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/13304.page[/img]
[Thumb - tranconfig.jpg]
 Filename
tranconfig.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2013 10:15

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Alessandro de Sica,

Is this a Powerdirector 12 TRIAL?

The trial version is very limited in the number of templates it has.

Limitations
•30-day trial version
•No SmartSound Library
Limited template pack
•NewBlue effect pack limited to 10 effects
•Does not include CyberLink WaveEditor
•Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 7/8 systems or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding and decoding
•Watermark appears at the beginning of produced videos (5 seconds)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2013 22:37

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
No, it's the Ultimate version, which I bought for 80 EURO.

How can it be that I had all the wipe effects (left to right, down, up etc.) and now they are GONE?

So please, can I have everything I used to have in PD 11? If not, as I said, this would be a bad joke and I'd return the software and keep my PD 11, which works fine (it's still installed, alongside PD 12).
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alessandro -

No - they're not all gone. They've been grouped.

If you put any Wipe transition on your timeline then click Modify you'll see that you can select Up, Down, Left or Right. It's the same for quite a few transitions. Have a look again at Playsound's screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Ahh, OK! So the transitions are there, so far so good.

But still I'm missing all my PiP objects, like the "BOOM" comic drawing, all the "Baby" / "Birthday balloons" frames etc. Where are they? Can they be transferred / copied into a PD 12 folder from PD 11 somewhere?

(UPDATE: It seems that PD 11 and PD 12 share the PiP custom folder so I loaded an object in 11 to modify it and immediately saved it under a new name again, and now it's in my custom folder, also in PD 12!

But you don't expect me to do that with a hundred objects? ;-) OK, at least that WOULD be a way to transfer the objects to 12.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2013 11:24