Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD-12 Freezes Up when Opening a PD-10 Project
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I have a PD-10 Project which PD-12 will not Open or Import the PD-10 Project. There is no problems when using PD-10 to open the project.

Tried doing a Save As in PD-10, still no go in PD-12.

From within PD-10 removed the mp3 audio file from Timeline, did a Save As, it would then open in POD-12. But PD-12 would not allow the mp3 file to be brought into the project or even a new project.

Then open WaveEditor and simply did a Save.

PD-12 then would allow the same mp3 file to brought in and placed on the Timeline.

The attached zip file contains the PD-10 project, it is very short. So if someone would like to try and explain the issue as to why the audio file is causing the issue, I would really appreciate it, for I am lost on this one.
 Filename
He Shoots He Scores.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
260 time(s)
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have a PD-10 Project which PD-12 will not Open or Import the PD-10 Project. There is no problems when using PD-10 to open the project.

Tried doing a Save As in PD-10, still no go in PD-12.

From within PD-10 removed the mp3 audio file from Timeline, did a Save As, it would then open in POD-12. But PD-12 would not allow the mp3 file to be brought into the project or even a new project.

Then open WaveEditor and simply did a Save.

PD-12 then would allow the same mp3 file to brought in and placed on the Timeline.

The attached zip file contains the PD-10 project, it is very short. So if someone would like to try and explain the issue as to why the audio file is causing the issue, I would really appreciate it, for I am lost on this one.

Hi wh7262,
An interesting item. I have had a quick look at the properties information using MediInfo. Looks like the file has a copyright line and this may be the reason why you cant insert it into PDR12 (or 11 - I found that one). AudioDirector 4 doesn't like the file either. Re-processing the audio in Wave Editor eliminated the copyright and made the audio stereo ... just a guess.
Dafydd
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
When I first started using PD I had a minor problem with an mp3. I got around it by converting the sound to 128K CBR stereo format and since then that's what I've always used without problems.

Your sound sample is mono 32K Lame encoded.

Try the attached amended sound just as a matter of interest.

p.s. - Ah Dafydd, good morning up and about early too eh. Your post wasn't there when I started. I wasn't deliberately 'over posting' you.
 Filename
He shoots he scores1.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
467 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2013 03:47

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: When I first started using PD I had a minor problem with an mp3. I got around it by converting the sound to 128K CBR stereo format and since then that's what I've always used without problems.

Your sound sample is mono 32K Lame encoded.

Try the attached amended sound just as a matter of interest.

p.s. - Ah Dafydd, good morning up and about early too eh. Your post wasn't there when I started. I wasn't deliberately 'over posting' you.

Hi Longedge,
Yes, indeed, up early and hanging in there ha ha. What's the weather like for you up in Derbyshire, it's a beautiful morning here in the wilds, with the sun shining and cloudless skies? I have a hankering to go out and do some videoing at sea... not sure I can find the time though. The dolphins and seals would still be around and it's really calm today.

I thought your post was excellent and slightly different. No need to worry about it at all.

Dafydd
Added a "?"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2013 04:03

wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Well, I tried your file Longedge and it worked well in PD-10 & 12.
Looked at properties information, of the file I sent, in Windows Explorer. Was able to remove the properties from file just by right clicking the file > properties > details > remove properties and personal information > Remove the following properties from this file > at the top and then scroll down the list to select the info you want to remove, then click "OK." This does not create a copy, so preserve the information externally if you think you'll want it later! Still did not help.

I feel there must be something else within this audio file as I can use other audio files with no issues. Finally decided to convert that mp3 file to wav file, IT WORKED!

I have spent over 3 hours this morning trying to locate the issues and describing the steps I took to get to a resolution.

Problem resolved and thanks for ya'll's help. (Texan for 'you all' or 'your')
Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Finally decided to convert that mp3 file to wav file, IT WORKED!

It's a great feeling when you have a problem and get it sorted out

The perceived wisdom on mp3's in PD seems to be just what you did although as I said, I never have a problem now, I just use the settings I know work. I do my audio preparation and processing outside PD with another audio application.