Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hide an object in the video
JjRon99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Seattle Joined: Mar 19, 2013 23:34 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if PowerDirector10 is able to hide or move an object? I have a video taken by a night vision camera mounted on a tree and I need the cross hair moved a little to the right. If that's beyond the capabilities of the software, can the cross hair be erased? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please help! I'm a nice person.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Do the crosshairs move or are they stationary? What about the background directly behind the crosshairs?

Have you considered pip to hide the cross hairs with the background?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 10:27

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
JjRon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
They are stationary. Please help! I'm a nice person.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: They are stationary.

Sorry, I edited my post above to add this:

What about the background directly behind the crosshairs? What about the rest of the background?

Have you considered pip to hide the cross hairs with the background?

Images are easy but not video. How long is the video?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 10:30

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
JjRon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The video is short -about about one minute and 10 seconds. In the middle and toward the end of the video, the subject comes in the scene and moves behind the cross hairs. I would like to get a clear view of the subject and it's the reason I want to take the cross hairs out. The cross hair are stationary as well as the background - the camera shooting the video never moves.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 10:49

Please help! I'm a nice person.
stevek
[Post New]
I don't know how to make up for the missing pixels of the face when the subject is behind the cross hairs in a video. Perhaps someone has an idea or trick.

Whatever the solution is, it may be easier to reshoot the video without the crosshairs. Can you rshoot the person with a green screen and add the person in later?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2013 11:02

JjRon99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Unfortunately, this video is one of those "Kodak moment" and cannot be re-created. If what I am trying to attempt is beyond the capabilities of PD10, i'm open to upgrade or buy a software that can.

But I do appreciate you trying to help. Please help! I'm a nice person.
stevek
[Post New]
Good luck, I don't know of any prosumer program that will essentially fill in the blanks (missing pixels in a video).

Perhaps someone else does. .
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I know this is an outdated post, but ...

Sometimes the answer is as simple as recropping. Simply crop the video placing the subject where you need it. Placement is always relative to composition. RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital