Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
An improvement I just noticed!
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
I had wanked in the past about the lack of a simple "Save As" function in PhD4. I was frustrated by the only option available to save an image, that being the very circuitous "Export" function.

I had basically stopped using PhD4 because I found it difficult, non-intuitive, lacking several features I have become accustomed too in my very old copy of PS3.

But, and there is always a 'but', I wanted to enhance a photo with the HDR effect in PhD4 which I do like very much. Last night I worked on a photo, and as had been required in the past, I clicked on the FUBAR "Export" function and never managed to get my edited image saved anywhere I can find it. What I did find was a copy of my unedited image placed into the source folder.

So today I went back into PhD4 and edited my image all over again, after first cleaning out the old stuff which PhD4 saves by Default and I also find very annoying.

After editing my image, instead of clicking on Export, for the heck of it, I clicked on 'File' and Lo and Behold! There was a "Save As" button!

I clicked it, and titled my image and it saved it just like it is supposed too. And then I closed PhD4 and it closed quietly without any fuss.

I am THRILLED to see the "Save As' function has now been added and enabled.
~Tom~
[Post New]
Hello Tom,

I love discovering new things too. I also love discovering things that have been there all the time, but I didn't notice.

The File > Save As option has been there the whole time. I understand from previous posts that the export/save as thing has bothered you for some time.

There are still part of PhD I've barely explored! Please keep posting your discoveries, good or bad.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
The File > Save As option has been there the whole time.

~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
Post #5:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27464.page

~Tom~