Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New machine: Upgrading from PD10 to PD11
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
My new machine will arrive next week and I'm preparing for a PD10 migration/upgrade.

Executive Summary:

I assume I need to have PD10 installed on the new machine before purchasing the upgrade (PD11). (Can I purchase the PD11 upgrade on the old machine via the Upgrade link, then take the install file to the new machine?)

If I put PD10 on the new machine, can I simply reinstall from the original download file(s) and the activation codes, or do I need to go through some type of deinstall so my codes are valid on the new machine? Then upgrade from there later?

Any links, suggestions or insights are appreciated. If any other approach works, please advise.

Details for those who care:

I have PD 10 running on my old machine, but the new one I'm building is 10x stronger.

I'm thinking of migrating PD10 first, bring over all projects, then within a month or two, upgrade to PD11.

The other option is to just install PD11 on the new machine, but not sure if I can get the upgrade price if I do that without PD10 on the new machine. (All thoughts welcomed!)

I will happily delete PD10 from the old machine, the old machine is slow but runs PD10 as long as I minimize other activities on the machine (not enough memory). I'm building the new one with video editing as the core requirement. I have zero need for the old machine running PD 10 once the new one is operational.

I did a search and found this thread helpful. It doesn't address the "install PD10" on the new machine before the upgrade or after. It provides helpful details for moving the projects.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/22128.page

Again, all insights or experiences welcomed.

Don PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Don,

1. Instal PD10 on the new PC along with it's content pack(s).
2. Transfer over all PD10 project files and of course all your source files as well.
3. Instal the PD11 update. (PD10 needs to be installed for this.)

All your PD10 content will be preserved and will appear within PD11. You may have to teach PD11 where your files are if you have changed folder names/locations. Win 10, i7
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks!

That's exactly what I needed to know.

I'll install PD10, move all projects, then do the PD11 update.

Thanks again for the details!

Don PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM