Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cylinder Effect using two videos
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
I am still trying to make a revolving effect on a cylinder in PD-10.

The crude and colorful cylinder was made in Paint.net.
The top video was made from a rotating gif file.
The bottom video is the Nature.mpg which comes in Power Director.
Had to use (2) black Color Boards, one on each side of the cylinders to eliminate the bulging out of the Fisheye effect after applying it.
Still cannot seem to get the bottom video to fill out it's the area completely. When trying to stretch or re-size with the Modify, I am unable to position the video exactly to each side without covering the green sides of the cylinder. I get close, but it jerks to one side or the other, will not let me smoothly stretch out the video.
Any ideas???
Here is the what I have done so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ilQEGYQh8
If needing the project file, png's, and/or videos just pm me with your email address. Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra
[Post New]
I do not know if I understand right, you have the cylinder with transparency and this in effect placing the image behind, this case will not affect the color green drum.
If you want to fill the screen, I would try a way that rendered after stretch horizontally to fill the screen. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
wh7262
Member Location: Carrollton, TX Joined: Apr 25, 2011 10:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
This is a tutorial, recorded by using "oCam" screen capture, in about using 3D title and the effects one can obtain just by changing the font. Also now getting a cylinder.

Started off using the 3D Like Square-1 title made from the Default title in the the Title Room (F7).
Here is how to create this new 3D title:
Place the Default title onto timeline,
Click on it and select Modify. This will allow you to Modify the selected title template in the Title Designer.
Hightlight the "My 3D Title" text and enter the number "1" without quotes.
Change the font color to White
Change font size to 127
Change font to "SQUONT 5", NOTE This font is available from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDToL23h3c
A link to a free download of the custom Square Font and the 4 Cubes Sequence used in this tutorial, is available to any PDtoots "SUBSCRIBER", by simply sending us a PM requests.
Now Select "Save As' as to save the current title design as a new template. It is worth doing this step for sure. Give it a new name like "3D SquareFont5"
Now start modify the new 3D template.

Can add different jpegs, pngs to the 3D textures settings from the Text Skin: Add Texture area.
View the video to see how changing the fonts can effect the output.

One can also develop an issue when trying to change the jpegs or pngs at one time rather than saving each and starting over. Do not know why at this time.

here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTFUsN6gMBQ

thanks all Thanks,
Bill in Texas

PD-12, PD-14 and PD15 is installed on this iMAC computer under BootCamp, and PD's are running great:
DxDiag Info:
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac11,2
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 2031MB used, 6010MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

PD-12 PowerDirector Ultra: 12.0.3403.0

PD-14 PowerDirector Ultra: 14.0.1728.0
SR numbers: VDE14

PD-15 Power Director Ultra