Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sub-set ; How do you make a selection from a selection?
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
I'm importing photos into Albums (2012, 2013). My photos have tags like "07 Jul", "08 Aug" for the month they were created, and "Ocracoke", "Shack" for location (plus several more). I want a selection of all the pictures in July of 2013, but I get all the July pictures from 2012 and 2013. I was able to get the selection by Exporting to Project - Album 2013, then "open project"
the new project. Of course the PhD has to stop and restart but it does give me all the July 2013 pictures. There's got to be an easier way.
[Post New]
Hello Reeltripp.

As far as I know, it's not possible to make tag subsets in PhD.

One possibility that may work for you is to:
1. First group your photos in Albums titled 2012, 2013 etc
2. Open the 2013 folder - select a group of images & apply tags like 2013/6, 2013/7 etc
- in that way you're using the tags as a kind of subset of the folders.

I understand what you mean. You'd like it to work like a regular folder structure with folders - sub-folders and sub-sub-folders.

I don't know of a way to do that in PhD.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks. I'll add a suggestion.