Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow designer starts all over after last picture
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Why? I made 2 and then as another test 3 photos into a slideshow and everytime it converts it into a fixed 50 sec slideshow, repeating the same photos until the end instead of just showing the photos once and then fading or just stopping.

And this only happens in some slideshow designs, e.g. in "Outer Space" but not in "Camera", where he shows all the selected photos once and then stops as it should.

This is extremely annoying. I can't find any menu to alter this behavior. Any help, please?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 07:26

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alessandro -

Have you selected this option?

If so - that's why the template has repeated the images.

If not, there may be some other reason.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - SS_MusicFit.png]
 Filename
SS_MusicFit.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
264 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 07:35

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I haven't even selected any music at that point. I just have my photos in the timeline and want to convert them into a slideshow. I also can't select it (because no music track is added so far, right?).

After converting the photos to a slideshow I add a certain music track, which has a fixed length, and then I speed up the slideshow track with POWER TOOLS / VIDEO SPEED to match the music's length.

My project are several slideshows all playing to the same music track but consisting of different numbers of photos.

As I said it only happens with certain slideshow designs! I'll try out every one of them to tell you which ones have this bug of repeating pictures to a "fixed hidden length" and which don't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 08:00

[Post New]
I've tested all the designs with three pictures and here are the results:

Future - repeat until end at 37 sec.

Camera: show all pics once

Normal: show all pics once

Motion: show all pics once (albeit with only a 2/3rd fade out (!) after the last pic - also an annoying bug BTW)

Cell: show all pics once

Collage: show all pics once (also only 2/3rd fade out at the end)

Scrapbook: show all pics once

Montage: show all pics once (no fade out at all BTW)

Highlight: show all pics once (no fade out; the clip starts grey instead of black at the beginning for a split second)

Balloon: repeat until end at 46 sec.

Seahorse: show all pics once and fade out

Frozen Space: show all pics once and fade out

3D: show all pics once and fade out

Outer Space: repeat until end at 50 sec.

Time Lapse: show all pics once and fade out

Any help or thoughts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 10:43

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alessandro -

Good investigating!

You're right, though my results were a little different. It depends on the number of images used in the slideshow.

1. Yes - the Outer Space template always starts to repeat itself instead of stopping after the last image.
2. The Future template only seems to repeat itself with particular numbers of photos
3. Balloon displays the photos in a semi-random order (despite timeline order being checked) & images are repeated throughout

I agree it isn't right, but it's easy enough to fix in the timeline. Just split the slideshow at the repeat point and remove the final section.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - SS Split_repeats.png]
 Filename
SS Split_repeats.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
186 time(s)
[Thumb - SS template repeats.png]
 Filename
SS template repeats.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
214 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2013 15:52

[Post New]
Oh...? Where did you obtain that information? OK, at least I'm not crazy or too dumb. I already used the workaraound with the split / delete. Well, do the developers read this forum too? I sure hope so because that strange programming makes absolutely no sense.

Thank you very much and take care!

ynotfish
[Post New]
You're right again - it doesn't make complete sense.

That information came from testing each of the templates that were causing you concern. It didn't exist before you raised the question.

Glad you found the split/remove "fix".

Cheers - Tony