Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Selected Directory is not a DVD folder
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
I have had no trouble burning DVD's, until last night, now when I try to import the folder, the following appears.

The selected directory is not a DVD folder.
Please select a valid DVD folder

I have folders called, DVDMovie, My DVD folder, My Video folder and My Works folder, but the program rejects all of them as being valid.

I am not aware that I've changed anything, can anyone help me out here, please. Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
This is just a throw away thought....

What's the full address to the directory? It might be too long. This covers two areas of thought.

1. the placement of the directory
2. the titles being too long for the program - uses too many characters

Dafydd
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd,

I could not see the wood for the trees, I lost sight of what was happening here. Of course, the DVD folders were not the problem, it was what was inside them which caused the problem. changed a few file names and associations and burning happily again.

Thanks again Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cruz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2006 12:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello My name is Manny;

I'm not to good regarding computers so my question is?

I'm having the same problem regarding this is not a valid DVD Folder and the more read the more it confused me....You replide by stating that there were two possible reasons as to why the program did'nt recognize the DVD folder,:

That might the problem for me as well, The only problem is that i don't know how or where to begin to apply these changes in order to burn from the DVD folder or else this program is usless and it's very expensive....Please HELP
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello My name is Manny;

I'm not to good regarding computers so my question is?

I'm having the same problem regarding this is not a valid DVD Folder and the more read the more it confused me....You replide by stating that there were two possible reasons as to why the program did'nt recognize the DVD folder,:

That might the problem for me as well, The only problem is that i don't know how or where to begin to apply these changes in order to burn from the DVD folder or else this program is usless and it's very expensive....Please HELP

Hi Manny,

Okay...this is easy and you'll be a real expert soon.

My Computer/Hard Drive/My Works/Peace34
Peace34 is a made up name...short and simple and is where you would produce the DVD files to.
My Computer/Hard Drive/My Works/Tree
Again we have a short name where another DVD can be written to.
Here we have the placement of the directory in a location that's best for DVD files to be created to and to be called upon when writing to disc.

Names of files are important also. If you use"longwindeddiscriptiveblahblahnames.mpg" for a file and have them in locations such as My Documents/My Videos/Over the lake/february2005/Jimmy on a skateboard/longwindeddiscriptiveblahblahnames.mpg You will get problems...

Think about where you store files and the names of those files.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 05. 2007 07:45

Bryce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2008 19:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys

i am having the same problem [ HOT A DVD FOLDER ISSUE ].

I have tried all the other suggestions but nothing worked but RobertJ/OZ u said u changed some files and associations and it worked like a charm for you. Can you please share with us what u did ?

Thankx
Byrce
stormridenator@gmail.com
Flight East [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2008 20:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same problem, I'm told the folder I've selected isn't a valid DVD folder.

The folder is named VIDEO_TS

The folder only contains .BUP, .IFO and .VOB files (all with short names)

I've tried moving the folder into the My Works folder, as suggested above, but the program is still telling me that it's not a valid DVD folder.

Can anyone help me please? I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall!
Bryce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2008 19:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
so far no one actually know why this is happening and i dont know why cyberlink is not looking into the issue when so many ppl are having the same problem
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bruce and Flight,

You have posted on a topic that was raised over a year and a half ago and has been sorted. My own last entry here was on 05/01/2007

Please post your issue under a new topic of your own.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Flight East [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2008 20:18 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Bruce and Flight,

You have posted on a topic that was raised over a year and a half ago and has been sorted. My own last entry here was on 05/01/2007

Please post your issue under a new topic of your own.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Apologies, Dafydd, I've only just joined the forum and this topic did seem to match my problem - although the solution that you offered to Manny above still hasn't 'sorted' it for me, unfortunately!

I have, however, solved the problem by downloading ImgBurn instead and that works a treat. Not really the solution that I was looking for, but at least I've now got something that does the job.

I'm very happy with CyberLink's audio CD and label creation programs though!