Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector for Dummies
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, I am a dummie. So I continue to surprise myself from time to time with a new discovery.

I have used PowerDirector since Version 4. Been all alone on my own up through PD10, until I discovered this forum last year. It's been great, being a part of this forum and learning so much from the members. Thank you very much!

Still, so many of you are very advanced that I think some things are taken for granted. As if any old 'dummy' should know already. hee-hee

Well I just discovered another "Easter Egg" this morning that I thought I would share with the other dummies like me.

I discovered that next to the editing track icons is a slide bar. And when you drag it, the track names appear. Never knew that before! Since PD4!

I have always had to squint to see the icons, and yes over time I have gotten used to where the different tracks are but still I need to squint and double check. But now, gee the lettering for the track names is so vivd and easy to read. Cool!!

[Thumb - track names.jpg]
 Filename
track names.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
29 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
409 time(s)
~Tom~
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yep, I am a dummie. So I continue to surprise myself from time to time with a new discovery.

Here's another handy item that you may not have run across...

Right-click the ruler and choose VIEW ENTIRE MOVIE.
ALL clips will be displayed on the timeline, within the window, without scrolling.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 26. 2013 23:22

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The View Entire Movie is right click on the Ruler only. Just right clicking in the timeline does not give that option.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The View Entire Movie is right click on the Ruler only. Just right clicking in the timeline does not give that option.

But of course.^_^
[Post New]
I took some time to figure out what could create favorite folders for all the rooms of the library PD.
That little arrow so discreet that only realized from PD9.
However there is something that does not work well, already for several times I organize my particle effects for groups, custon folders for easy finding that I have already installed many.
Custom folders disappears from nothing

[Thumb - newfolder-pd.jpg]
 Filename
newfolder-pd.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1189 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2013 11:38

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3