Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disc labeling//Solved(somewhat)
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone have any experience with CL Disc Labeler?
I have that, as well as another labeler, and I've been trying to find a way to copy music video titles into a disc label. The titles are in a foreign language.
CL Disc Labeler will allow me to copy/paste the titles into the DVD Disc Information/song titles area (see atch). However, when I go to print, the foreign language is changed to "zeros" or "o's" (see atch).
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the labeler to print the titles in the foreign language?
[Thumb - CL label maker Capture.JPG]
 Filename
CL label maker Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
363 time(s)
[Thumb - CL label Capture.JPG]
 Filename
CL label Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
341 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2013 11:04

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
The labeler program is prbably installed pertaining to the language set for your system...and does not recognise the characters in the language of the original...
You could do a language translation program to get the names.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If no other solution is found, the titles may be created as images and placed on the label that way. Did you try tech suppo...nevermind, how about on the Cyberlink Facebook page? I just placed a bug in the ir ear on updating Labelprint to a more robust application, and this is another reason why. Cyberlink was most definitely interested in the idea. I think I'll go to FB right now. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Try Barry's solution. It is likely the printer does not have the foreign fonts installed. Make them images and when it is done you won't know the difference. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to all for your responses.
I think I'll put a "bug" in supports ear. This is something that they need to look at. As for the fact that the title are foreign language shouldn't, I think, have anything to do with it. I download the clips from YouTube and the YouTube downloader downloads the titles as is - that's how I'm able to get the titles. I'd prefer to leave them that way as my wife, and the rest of my 2nd immediate family are from the country where that is their language, specifically Laos. Also, the printer doesn't need foreign fonts. All it does is print what is sent to it. I have an Epson Workforce 630 and there is no problem with printing any kind of foreign language. I've done translations from English to Thai and it prints everything out as it is shown on the page I select to translate/print. I also have another disc labeler and it will print whatever I import to it, including the foreign language. What I do with that is take a snapshot of the label, save it to pictures, open the labeling program, select the snapshot as a background and it prints. The only drawback to that software is there is no copy/paste option so that I could select a text option and paste the titles in there. (I hope that is a littler clearer than mud).
I would try the translation but the language is Lao and I'm not able to find any translation software that will translate that language. Also, I'm not familiar with how to change those titles into images. Can you clue me in?
Again, thanks for all the input. I'm going to head to FB later and put this idea out there. Hopefully, some good will come of it. Thanks Barry for that tip. Hadn't thought of it
You all have a great one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2013 10:01

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A photo/graphics creation program can do it, but it should be able to support a transparent background, so you type the letters, and save as a png file. You'll get the letters with no background. Paint.net (not Paint from Microsoft) perhaps. Maybe The Gimp. Both free.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2013 11:01

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I'll check it out. Jack
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Unless printers have changed, they do, in fact, have preinstalled fonts. Otherwise how do they know how to print what is sent to it? It used to be a big deal trying to print a Mac page on a pc printer. Maybe that is not true anymore, but the fact that it displays correctly, but does not print correctly makes me believe it is a printer problem. Then again, your printer may be multi-lingual and not have this issue at all.

I would still go with the image idea. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi James-esque. I don't want to get to deep into this. I'm just not tech savvy enough.
Thanks for the info. All I know is that when I have something that is in a foreign language, all I have to do is send it to my printer and it prints it exactly as it is shown. For example: I did a search on Gout (my bro-in-law has it). When the page came up on the computer, it was in English. Because my bro-in-law is from Laos (and can read/speak Thai), I clicked on Google Translate and chose English to Thai. The entire page was instantly changed to Thai language using the Thai fonts. All I did was right-click, click on Print and it was printed in Thai. I gave it to him and he read it.
That's why I said what I did. I've never had a problem with my printer printing anything in a foreign language.
Quite possibly my original post was misunderstood. I was just curious why CL Labeler would show the foreign language in the titles area but when you go to the Edit Layout page, all I get is o's.
Made a post on CL's Facebook page. Hopefully, there's an answer.
Jack
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Modern day printers do not have Fonts built-in. All Windows printers are printers of images. The text on the page is converted to a image by the software then sent to the printer as an image.

That simply means that the printer can print just about anything on a Windows computer screen.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James Dotson
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. I rarely use printers anymore except for basic text. That's good to know. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl312. As always, I get a little smarter after I spend some time in these forums. I knew the printers didn't have fonts but didn't know how they worked. Now I know. But this is a tad off subject.
I still don't know why CL Labeler will recognize the foreign fonts in the titles page but not on the Edit Layout page where the disc label is shown with the name of the disc and below that the titles of the individual songs.
Again, thanks Carl312 and James-esque. Appreciate all your help. Jack
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Carl312. As always, I get a little smarter after I spend some time in these forums. I knew the printers didn't have fonts but didn't know how they worked. Now I know. But this is a tad off subject.
I still don't know why CL Labeler will recognize the foreign fonts in the titles page but not on the Edit Layout page where the disc label is shown with the name of the disc and below that the titles of the individual songs.
Again, thanks Carl312 and James-esque. Appreciate all your help.

I am sure if you follow Barry's (BarryTheCrab) suggestion to make an Image of the foreign language text.

It is really very easy to get an image. When the foreign language text is on the computer screen, you can either press the print screen Key (that puts an image on the clipboard) Then in a photo editor paste the clipboard contents and save a image file (Jpg or png).

Or, if you have Windows 7, you can use the 'Snipping Tool' and copy just the text to an image, save as jpg or png.

You should be able to paste an image in CL Labeler. When the Disk is printed, you can not tell if it is text or a picture you are seeing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2013 09:55

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl312. I tried what you said. Wow! How time consuming. Here's the low-down.
I opened a clip. Because the window size with the clip is unchangeable, and many of the titles are 2 or 3 lines, I went to the clip Properties. At the top is the title in one line. I then used snipping tool, selected the title and saved it to jpg. I then tried to import it to the titles area. Can't. So, I went to the next page where the disc label is. It already has two boxes where the titles that were on the titles page would go. Couldn't put anything in them, so I deleted them.
I then right clicked and had to select "insert foreground image". Pictures folder opened, selected the 1st title image from the snipping tool. Extremely small. Clicked on it and got the arrows used to resize/position. Original size unreadable. Had to "stretch it out" to make it readable. Then, moved that title down. Imported a 2nd photo. Same thing.
A little too time consuming to bother with. Some of the projects I make have as many as 15-20 video clips. I can't imagine going through that process just to get the tiles on the disc label. Too bad there isn't a software program that would translate from Lao to
English. I've done many Google/Yahoo searches and only thing there is to send what I want translated to someone and they will do it for a price. Not worth it.
Anyway, thanks a million to all those who contributed. In spite of it all, I did learn something from this. I truly appreciate all of you gurus in these forums. Jack
Carl312
[Post New]
boongsong,

You did not try placing a Title on the timeline, select it Click Modify on top of the Timeline.
Once in the Title Designer, you can paste and resize your jpg from the Snipping Tool.

If the the copied title by the snipping tool is on the Clipboard you can paste that image into the Title designer with Ctrl+V.

It really is not that hard to do.

Here is a post on pasting text into the Title designer for the purpose of a sermon.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24345.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2013 20:33

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi boongsong -

I just tested a few different languages as track titles - the ones I tested previewed & printed perfectly from LabelPrint.

French, Korean, Catalan, Hebrew... all the characters printed correctly. The language you're using looks (maybe) Nepali?

The suggestions about making the track names as a graphic could work - i.e. use that as your background image & don't enter anything in the titles information.

I think the issue might be related to the particular language you're using.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Carl312.
Thanks for the reply.
Not sure what you mean by placing a title on the time line. In disc labeler there is no time line. What I get, after selecting the action (disc label) is, on the next page is a blank disc label and places for the disc title, author, the date, and several lines for the individual song titles (atch). I have no problem copying/pasting the foreign font titles in those lines. The problem is when I want to print the label, all the foreign fonts are o's. That's why I said it was extremely time consuming to do what I mentioned before. As an example, look at the atch.
I looked @ your link on pasting in the title designer and that is entirely different from what I was trying to do. If everything was in English, no problem. But, no matter what language I try, Lao, Thai, Japanese, etc., if it doesn't have English letters, it won't work. For some reason, the transition from the disc title and song titles page to the edit/print page, those foreign fonts are lost. Real Player download is the same. The only difference there is the foreign fonts end-up changed to question marks, not o's.
I know there is a way for CL to make it possible for the foreign fonts to be transferred from the titles page to the edit/print page but that would require software engineers to get busy. I know it can be done because I use YouTube HD Downloader and that shows the foreign fonts in the download window and that's what's displayed in the video folder. I also used to use ARC Soft downloader and it also would download the foreign fonts.
[Thumb - CL label Capture.JPG]
 Filename
CL label Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)
[Thumb - dis labeler 2 Capture.JPG]
 Filename
dis labeler 2 Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
325 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 15. 2013 21:44

Jack
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Not sure what you mean by placing a title on the time line. In disc labeler there is no time line.

I am off my Rocker.

I got two things wrong in my last post,
1. I don't think you can paste a picture in Title Designer. (Powerdirector).
2. I forgot you were working with CL Labeler.

You can pretty much disregard my last post.

But you should still be able to copy and paste into CL labeler.
CL labeler is not a program I am familiar with. The only thing I know about CL Labeler is it is a program that allows you to direct Print on Ink Jet Printable Disks.

I am assuming that this is the program we are discussing.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/labelprint/overview_en_US.html?&r=1

I have a program that I use all the time, copy and paste is a normal method to put Text, or Pictures on the Disk Label.
Once the Disk is printed, there is no way to tell if the written stuff on the Disk is Text or a Picture.

Within the program I use, you can size text or picture just by dragging the edges of the box to any size.

James Dotson
[Post New]
Is this LabelPrint that you have? If so, can you attach a text file with the text in question. I seem to have an older version and would be glad to test it on my printer. Not sure what that would prove, but I will try it if you want me to. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Which version of LabelPrint do you have? When I registered PD11, Cyberlink send me an email with a link to Label Print 2.5. I assume that is the latest.

I went to Google translate and typed some words to translate to Thai.
Copied that to clipboard and pasted to Label Print (Step 2 - Edit Disc Info)
Adjusted font size in Step 3
Step 4 shows what will be sent to printer
Seemed to Print fine to my Canon color laser.
Of course, I have no idea if the letters are correct.

If you post your .lpp file, I could load it to see if works here.

[Thumb - test.jpg]
 Filename
test.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
label print with Thai font
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
354 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 16. 2013 01:05

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA