Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TV format conflicts
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Still no insights on a previously posted "frame rate" query, so I will rephrase - in the interest of maintaining best video quality.

PD11 has two NTSC frame rate settings: The 30 FPS is, more than likely, 29.97 - the project default.

In that mode, why does a warning appear to the effect that "29.97 FPS of the input file does not match the 29.97 rate of the project?" Make sense to you? At other times the warning reads that "the 30 FPS input file does not match the 29.97 rate of the project."

Is prior-to-editing conversion desirable in these instances? Or should the "TV format" warning, under OPTIONS|CONFIRMATION, simply be turned off and ignored? The cautions appear in both drop and non-drop modes.

And what of 24P: is that done during production by specifying 24P in the output profile. If so, does PD perform some sort of pull-down, perhaps degrading video? Can the user specify how this is handled, as in higher-end editors? Or are there simply no 24P-specific controls in PD11 ??

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Apr 07. 2013 18:12

cuartetto [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 28, 2011 20:22 Messages: 168 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have "drop frame" checked?

Edit;

Sorry I missed that in your posting.

On my videos, which are 1080, 60p, I select 60 frames and drop frame.

Don

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2013 16:03

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
After reading so many MediaInfo text files on a huge number of video clips I am not surprised at a warning popup by PDR. At camera consumer level the actual production by cameras to a precise frame rate is very variable. While in some cases the variation may be 29.966666fps or 31.04fps for example. The track split into frames of an data media file is only to assist in editing and for display. The real significance is what the output is going to be.
Just my opinion.
Dafydd