Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Green line
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
When one very short test project is loaded there is a green line between the timecode and the thumbnails.
And the thumbnails are taller than on other projects, where the line does not appear.

Back in PW11 trial days I saw the word "rendering" on that line, but that's not the case now.
What is the significance of this line?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
You could be showing the SVRT information.

Look to the left of the green line and see if SVRT is showing above the track line numbers.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Hal. "SVRT" isn't shown ... until SVRT properties are displayed. Then the word comes up just above the track line #s and a red line appears beneath the green line.

However, that's the case with all other short test projects - a red line, but no green line. The mystery deepens. ^_^
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
This SVRT shows what tracks (clips) are SVRT compatible if you clips meet the SVRT format then no rendering required...meets the SVRt format rules. SVRT only kicks in if needed. (that is my interpretation)
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks, Hal. "SVRT" isn't shown ... until SVRT properties are displayed. Then the word comes up just above the track line #s and a red line appears beneath the green line.

However, that's the case with all other short test projects - a red line, but no green line. The mystery deepens. ^_^

See if the green line is in this picture, if not try to post a picture here to help

[Thumb - render preview1.jpg]
 Filename
render preview1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
51 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
376 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2013 11:12

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
COPY - CUT - REMOVE - RENDER PREVIEW are not seen.

Here's how it the timeline looks...
[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: COPY - CUT - REMOVE - RENDER PREVIEW are not seen.

Hi Borgus1,

Your screenshot shows that your project has rendered some temporary files. It sounds like you did not prerender this on your own. If you want to get rid of this green line try the following:

1. Start a NEW project.
2. Open preferences and the General tab should open by default.
3. Manually select the "Manually Delete" button. (see attachment)
4. "Select All" button so that all the files in the list are selected. (see attachment)
5. Press the "Delete all selected" files button.
6. Now reopen the original project file to see if the Green line is gone. You can browse for your project be selecting "File" at the top of the open application, then "Recent Files" to find your recent project.

Kevin
[Thumb - Delete Temp files.PNG]
 Filename
Delete Temp files.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Select All Temp Files for deletion
 Filesize
546 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
154 time(s)
[Thumb - Manually Delete.PNG]
 Filename
Manually Delete.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Maunual Delete Temp Files
 Filesize
619 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
137 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 30. 2013 14:11

borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Very good; that did the job. Just a curiosity. Appreciate the help.
[Post New]
Quote: COPY - CUT - REMOVE - RENDER PREVIEW are not seen.

The image shows that the pre render already been done in this case time has already been lost, finalizes your project.
About that Cap'n Kevin said, I have doubts, I think you missed something when you reopen it, another recent project.
It should be noted this process linking Pre render this without being called, is normal when you are asked to do, it takes much I never use.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I understand what Playsound is saying. This shouldn't happen on its own without a user first defining the area with the orange triangles on either side of the blue scrubber bar on the timeline and then selecting "Render Preview".

In your case the entire project was pre rendered. And as you seem familiar with this problem for your PD11 trial you understand what the per rendering was all about. When did this green line present itself? Did you see it happening when the project was open? Or did you open the project and the line was simply there?

The only instance that I am familiar with the project per rendering on its own without the user selecting to do so, was a driver compatibility problem that was corrected for PD11 with the Patch 2215. Are you using the latest version or some version post patch 2215?

Maybe the pre rendering problem has reared it's head again?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2013 17:27

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This occurred many weeks ago during the trial, and I may have triggered it, considering my blind exploration.

Don't know if it was the same project, but I do recall seeing the green line appear just once, with the word "rendering" so it's likely that is when the deed was done.

At that time, the trial couldn't be patched, but the registered version has been - to 2707.

As my test was only :15, this HELP note may shed light...

"If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons."
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: This occurred many weeks ago during the trial, and I may have triggered it, considering my blind exploration.

Don't know if it was the same project, but I do recall seeing the green line appear just once, with the word "rendering" so it's likely that is when the deed was done.

At that time, the trial couldn't be patched, but the registered version has been - to 2707.

As my test was only :15, this HELP note may shed light...

"If the total duration of the production is less than one minute and any portion of the video requires rendering, the entire production will be rendered for efficiency reasons."

Yes your project was only 15'seconds. The HELP note you are referring to is when using SVRT (Smart Video Rendering Technology) is used. This is used when producing your project to a video in the Produce Module. If you are creating a video file and the specifications of the original source files match that of the intended produced file then SVRT can be used. This is useful when joining many clips into a large production. If you don't apply any enhancements or Power Tools to the entire project, then the clips don't have to undergo rendering and the video will be created very quickly without rendering. If you add transitions in between the clips, then you can still use SVRT, but the only the transitions will have to be rendered, and still a time saver.

But if the project is less than a minute and you can select SVRT in the Produce module, it will still render the whole project as stated in the help file.

SVRT relates to production of a video file. Render Preview or pre rendering relates to the timeline during the editing phase. I use the pre render function if my timeline has a section that doesn't play back smoothly in the preview window because of the complexity of the timeline, I.e. many video tracks used in that segment with multiple Enhancements and Power Tools applied that cause the preview to stutter during playback. Render Preview creates temporary video files that are used to play back this complex timeline that sometimes chokes your PC. With this section now pre rendered it will play back very smoothly even with the preview quality set to a higher setting.

I thought maybe an explanation might help explaining the difference between SVRT and Render Preview.

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2013 18:09

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.