Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MOV output oddity
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
This is likely not a PD 11 problem, but perhaps someone will speculate on its cause...

Open-source MPC Home Cinema, which can play just about anything, "cannot render some of the pins in the graph" on four of the five MOV file types produced with PD 11. (Does play audio.) However, it handles PD's 1440 X 1080 MOV output just fine.

Quicktime's viewer, on the other hand, shows them all. Ideas?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This is likely not a PD 11 problem, but perhaps someone will speculate on its cause...

Open-source MPC Home Cinema, which can play just about anything, "cannot render some of the pins in the graph" on four of the five MOV file types produced with PD 11. (Does play audio.) However, it handles PD's 1440 X 1080 MOV output just fine.

Quicktime's viewer, on the other hand, shows them all. Ideas?

Open-source MPC Home Cinema does not have the needed Codecs to play the files you refer to.

Anytime a player can not play a file, it is because it does not have the decoding information (CODEC).

You could try the K-Lite Codec Pack to see if that player will use the codecs in the K-Lite pack.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Appreciate the quick feedback, Carl. That was my conclusion as well. Still, I find it odd because MPC has no trouble with various MOV files created by other editing programs and converters. No big deal. Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi borgus1 -

It is an oddity!

There are 5 default .MOV profiles in PD, for both 16:9 & 4:3. Only the HD option (1920x1080 or 1440x1080) is rendered using the H.264 AVC codec type. All the lower resolution .MOV files (by default) are rendered using Apple's "Road Pizza" (rpza) codec.

Here, all default .MOV outputs from PD play in WMHC player, but I'm using K-Lite (as Carl suggested).

I just came across one writer's comment about Road Pizza. He said: I imagine it was called this because it left the video a flattened, crushed mess vaguely reminiscent of the original!

By clicking on the + button, you can customise this.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - MOV_VideoCodecs.png]
 Filename
MOV_VideoCodecs.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
302 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2013 15:33

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll be. A little pepperoni and all will be well. ^ Gracias