Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Does PhotoDirector 4 have...
Alphamale [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2013 10:32 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
a feature to "flip" the photo image or produce a "mirror" image? I don't see it and I cannot imagine why it was left out?
Alphamale [Avatar]
[Post New]
...still can't find "Flip Horizontally" or "Flip Vertically". These are important editing functions that have been simply overlooked. Unless they are "hidden" somewhere.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Pix the moderator may know of a way and will definitely share it when he reads this topic..... But I can only confirm that I don't know of a way to flip images using Photo Director.

Feature request Pix?

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2013 16:43

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Alphamale [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply. Someone told me that Adobe PS has this feature (Flip Canvas Horizontally and Vertically). Maybe the fact that PhD 4 doesn't use the canvas concept may be reason for the omission. Still, for special effects and photo artwork, this is an essential edit tool.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply. Someone told me that Adobe PS has this feature (Flip Canvas Horizontally and Vertically). Maybe the fact that PhD 4 doesn't use the canvas concept may be reason for the omission. Still, for special effects and photo artwork, this is an essential edit tool.

You are correct Adobe PS has those tools. I am not sure why they may or may not be available in Photo Director. Bit of a mystery as I agree with you that I have used that tool in other photo editing software.

Pix, may I pass this feature request on to my contacts at Cyberlink or would you like to take the ball and send it on? I think the second choice is perfect.

Then again if I am missing where to look for this in PhD then it is a moot point to request a feature that already exists. But I do know they want "wish list" features.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]
Hello Gentlemen,

I can confirm, as you've both suggested, that there is no "flip" facility in PhotoDirector.

The closest we get is the ability to rotate images through 90º

I'll forward the suggestion with my regular reports.

PIX

[Thumb - PhD_Rotate.png]
 Filename
PhD_Rotate.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1074 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2013 00:01

PIX YouTube channel
Alphamale [Avatar]
[Post New]
A big hardy thanks to Pix and Capn'n Kevin for addressing this. If there is a separate thread for requests, I shall make sure any future requests are posted there. Thanks guys.