Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SOmething to fix
Débordé [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2010 17:25 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure if it's the right place to report bugs.
In thumbnail view, you can't add stars, but you can flag
• Canot select multiple and put stars or list view.
• Rating in PD dose not match the rating in windows folder
[Post New]
Hello Débordé,

I'm still finding my way around some of the features of PhD4 too.

The good news is that some of the suggestions you've made are already there! They're definitely not bugs, but this is the perfect place to ask questions.

Whether you're in thumbnail view or list view, you can apply star ratings & flags...

Whatever view you're in, multiple images can be selected. By right clicking, you can apply star ratings, flags or labels too ALL the images selected...

You are correct that the star ratings applied in PhD are not reflected system wide (i.e. in Windows folders). I would think this is by design rather than an oversight. Many users wouldn't want their PhD catalogue ratings applied system wide. You may have noticed, however, that once images are exported from PhD the star ratings are attached to the exported images in metadata (this is indicated in Windows folders & properties).

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_MultiSelect.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_MultiSelect.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
120 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
344 time(s)
[Thumb - PhD_Thumb_StarFlag.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Thumb_StarFlag.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
215 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
363 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 23. 2013 11:16

PIX YouTube channel
Débordé [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2010 17:25 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, I have a question. Why in the edit section, when I modify something I can do save as, and my original is kept. And everything in adjustment section is destructive. I don't really want to desctroy anything, I prefer to save as or the best would be that it dose it for me, in options, if I choose to keep original and save all edit or modification by itselve.

Thanks
[Post New]
True - in the Edit module, there is the option to Save As. This is sometimes because the image is being saved in a different format (.PNG)

In the Adjustment module, you use Export to save a copy of your modified images.

When you export an image there are Naming options to avoid overwriting the original file. Once this is selected for a project it remains in place - effectively a project preference.

I set mine to "Sequence", so that if the original is named IMG_1937, the exported files are named IMG_1937-1, IMG_1937-2 etc. If I'm doing cumulative adjustments on the one image, they're named IMG_1937-1, IMG_1937-1-1, IMG_1937-1-2 etc

PhotoDirector is non-destructive, unless the user instructs it to overwrite the original!

One part of my workflow is to create virtual photos of images I'm adjusting.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Virual.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Virual.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
342 time(s)
[Thumb - PhD_Naming.jpg]
 Filename