Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loading to YouTube
Pettros1
Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Trying to load short 15sec clips and refuses to upload. Starts but does not finish. I convert my mts files to MPEG2 and upload to CBD10, add titles, some transitions and few changes to audio. That's it and about 15sec long. Produced to YouTube at highest definition does not work, std HD not work, not saved as a project file does not work and same for saved as a project file. Turned off Preview while rendering. Am baffled why a small file does not load.
Should I not tick allow Cyberlink to manage YouTube account? Well just answered that one as will not work without allowing Cyberlink to manage YouTube account.
YouTube editor works quite well but limited in editing so next is MS Moviemaker then CBD10 which of course want to use.
Wanted to load as private file to YouTube as will add title clip to my other clips. At moment trying loading to public which is recommended. Has reached 50% and still going so may be a goer this time. Now 15mins and 90%... will it do it? Ah sweet success. Not sure what it was but had changed back to full HD and used public recommended setting.
Quite a few of our videos are over an hour to hour and half long and would like to fully edit them in CBD10 and upload direct to YouTube. Have activated permissions to load over 15mins but not had much success in uploading fully edited files.
Have no problems fully editing to DVD and works very well, just Cyberlink to YouTube is a problem.
Have attached dxdiag.
Thanks for your help.
Peter
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
293 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2013 01:32

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I assume from you description, you are trying to upload to YouTube via the Powerdirector interface.

Instead of using the Powerdirector interface, try producing your video to WMV. If your video is High definition, use one of the HD WMV profiles.

After your video is produced, go to your Youtube account and use the Youtube upload.

The Produced Video will go into your Export folder as defined in Preferences.

Nothing wrong with your computer.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Pettros1
Member Location: River Heads, Queensland, Australia Joined: Jan 06, 2011 19:08 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, thanks for that Carl. I think your saying to render WMV using an outside source like Moviemaker or similar? But would like to use the editing effects and tools in PD.
If created in PD files are always saved as .pds files which cannot load to YouTube apparently.
Converting to MPEG2 gets a pretty could result but will look at HD WMV profiles as you say. And that in PD.
With mts I usually have up to 15 files which convert to MPEG2, I use OJsoft, and then upload to YouTube and use there online editor. and same files then run in PD and build my DVD's.
When needed build short 10-15sec clips in PD and usually can get them loaded to YouTube.
All takes time.
Thanks again Carl, your the real 'Brick" in this forum. PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, thanks for that Carl. I think your saying to render WMV using an outside source like Moviemaker or similar? But would like to use the editing effects and tools in PD.
If created in PD files are always saved as .pds files which cannot load to YouTube apparently.
Converting to MPEG2 gets a pretty could result but will look at HD WMV profiles as you say. And that in PD.
With mts I usually have up to 15 files which convert to MPEG2, I use OJsoft, and then upload to YouTube and use there online editor. and same files then run in PD and build my DVD's.
When needed build short 10-15sec clips in PD and usually can get them loaded to YouTube.
All takes time.
Thanks again Carl, your the real 'Brick" in this forum.

No, You produce the video (file) in Powerdirector.

Use Powerdirector to render the WMV. Go to Produce, click on WMV, choose a HD Profile, (dropdown). Produce to your hard drive (it goes into the Export folder by default).

Then log into your Youtube Account, use their upload. Browse to the Video on your computer and upload.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Pettros1
[Post New]
Just up, late night setup to YouTube and to DVD. All done.
Yes see what your saying, this of course produces one WMV file to whatever folder you want to point it. MPEG2 would be the same or close to HD WMV.
My novice comment overall is I find it bit strange we have all these you beaut HD formats, MTS @3200 and now even higher resolutions coming to the fore but all appear difficult to use in actual practice. In other words we downsize to be able to use them. My 2bits worth this morning. Thanks again. PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Just up, late night setup to YouTube and to DVD. All done.
Yes see what your saying, this of course produces one WMV file to whatever folder you want to point it. MPEG2 would be the same or close to HD WMV.
My novice comment overall is I find it bit strange we have all these you beaut HD formats, MTS @3200 and now even higher resolutions coming to the fore but all appear difficult to use in actual practice. In other words we downsize to be able to use them. My 2bits worth this morning. Thanks again.

No downsize needed for Youtube, I can and do sometime upload 1920x1080 videos greater than 15 minutes.

WMV is just a smaller file size, makes uploading easier.

WMV has full HD profiles.

Many users like MP4 uploads to Youtube. I like WMV because of the smaller file size.
I have also uploaded 1920x1080 M2TS files. They are much larger file size and take forever to upload.

If you can get the built-in Youtube upload in Powerdirector to work, it uses WMV for its file format.

Pettros1
[Post New]
Interesting and can be confusing all these different formats.
I note in YT video manager under edit that it shows the uploaded raw data as .flv files. I have converted MTS to .flv some time ago and seem to recall same amount of time to upload. And resolution was OK.
I convert my MTS files to MPEG2 and then load to PD thinking that may make the rendering faster. Will try the same with MTS convert to WMV.
What is also confusing is that under each video profile format there are a half dozen or more sub profiles that one must sort out. Hmmm!!! Cheers for now.
PD Ultra 16.0.2524.0 ~ Windows 10 Pro Intel(R)Core(TM)i7-4770 CPU @3.40GHz ~ AMD HD-7800 Series APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics ~ 16GB RAM ~ WD 1Gb Primary HD ~ Hitachi 500Gb ~ Buffalo 8Gb DriveStation ~ WD 1Gb ~ Medion 500Gb ~ Canon Legria HFS10 ~ W/ FH