Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fun with background remover
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Had some fun with this one. The seal and the background penguins were already there. I added the polar bear, cat, and the penguin who is checking out the seal by removing the backgrounds from other photos and using the photocomposer.

The regional selection tool is awesome since you can adjust the tones of just certain areas of the photo so the blend in better.

Basic stuff for experts, but the point is I've only used the software for about 15 minutes and you can do some pretty advanced stuff without a heavy learning curve.

[Thumb - OhMy-1.jpg]
 Filename
OhMy-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PD4 Image
 Filesize
270 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
295 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 09. 2013 19:52

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Nice ! .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Great work OnTheWeb!

Did you say 15 minutes? It must have been an intense session!

Thank you for posting your manipulated photo. I'm sure it will inspire others to have some fun with it too.

That's a good point you made about using the regional selection tools to help match the light & tones with other parts of the image.

PIX PIX YouTube channel