Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Free PhotoDirector - 48 hours
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Get it while you can.

http://download.cnet.com/8301-32471_4-57566732-10391713/exclusive-free-giveaway-of-cyberlink-photodirector-3/ ~Tom~
[Post New]
Well spotted Tom!

PhotoDirector3 - or PhotoDirectorFree!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
In case anyone is interested, I downloaded and installed all ok, however it will not allow any updates. I tried it labels it as an OEM version. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
[Post New]
Hello Tom and kingsmeadow,

I can confirm that it is an OEM version of PhotoDirector 3 (Deluxe).

I'm unable to locate a comparison table showing the differences between the OEM & full versions.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD Deluxe OEM.png]
 Filename
PhD Deluxe OEM.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
635 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31. 2013 17:49

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
After installing the OEM version of PhD3 on a separate PC and running the full version on another, I explored to find essential differences.

The same adjustment (global, manual, global & regional) tools & features are available. The same editing modules are contained in both (beautifier, effects, remove, extract/compose & frames/watermarks). The same slideshow, printing & all aspects of workflow (import, tag, organise, export) are present in both versions. I could be missing something. That wouldn't be completely unusual!

As mentioned above, updates don't apply. The version number is PhotoDirector OEM_Deluxe 3.0.3618. The updates available for the full version are 2719 & 3124.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Pretty good give-a-away eh?

Too bad my post was deleted from the Power Director forum. Lots of people would like to have this I'm sure. Oh well.....
[Thumb - PD3 Cnet a.jpg]
 Filename
PD3 Cnet a.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
172 time(s)
~Tom~
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Smart move by Cyberlink ... really doesn't cost them to freebee version 3 and they will pull a lot more users on board, some of whom will upgrade to version 4. I'm a user of Photoshop Elements but, from what little practice I have now had with PhD3, I think I will be using it for many of the adjustments. I think it will be a much easier work flow than Elements.

I have had a run through with this special version and like you, Pix, can't find anything that does not function from the available tools.

That's one more Cyberlink product to add to my growing list

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 01. 2013 04:14

CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
[Post New]
Tom,

Perhaps the PDR Forum Moderator thought that PDR users wouldn't be interested. Your thread wasn't deleted, just moved to the PhD Forum.

In any case, it's now officially "in the past"!

PIX PIX YouTube channel
boristhemoggy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2013 14:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Fantastic method of properly trialling a program. Except I just installed it on Windows 7 and it's crashed on all 3 occasions I tried to import some photos
RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Fantastic method of properly trialling a program. Except I just installed it on Windows 7 and it's crashed on all 3 occasions I tried to import some photos

I had the same problem with use on Windows 7. So I will import pics off my existing files s l o w l y ... not try all at once. Is pic importing a known problem?

Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
[Post New]
Ron,

There's no problem with importing files. I've done imports of many hundreds of RAW files all at once. Yes - it takes time for PhD to import & generate all the thumbnails, but it doesn't cause a crash.

I have PhD installed on my C drive, but I import from external & internal drives. Never had a crash during import.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
RonH
[Post New]
Moved my reply to
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/quote/0/138924.page

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2013 06:52

boristhemoggy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2013 14:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
See my other posts. I've given up with PhotoDirector unless you can point me to the reason why it crashes almost every time during import.
Importing is a daily thing for me and if you can't even get your photos in, what's the use of the program?
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
In case anyone is interested the offer is still open ! I just tried it and it worked ... Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
Neville [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2013 04:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Cannot Export as I get an error saying no HDD in a certain drive???
[Post New]
Hello Neville,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with that error message. No HDD in a certain drive???

When you click on Export and the dialogue box appears, what is the folder export location?

PIX

PIX YouTube channel
Neville [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is the original folder with a sub CLink on my E Drive..
The error message says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR4"
Neville [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry
It is headed "PhotoDirectorXPT.exe"
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2013 17:30 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Did you find a solution to this problem. I am having the same issue.