Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot play back DVD folder from command-line in PowerDVD Cinema (PowerDVD Classic works).
Ben Ryves [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 06, 2009 19:03 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to set up PowerDVD (in cinema mode) as an external player for use with XBMC. However, I have not been able to get the current version of PowerDVD (12.0.2118a.57) to play back a DVD folder from the command-line. I have been using the instructions in this post.

My DVDs are stored on X:\DVD\Films, so the VIDEO_TS.IFO for Excalibur could be found at X:\DVD\Films\Excalibur\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO for example.

All three of the following launch PowerDVD in Cinema mode, but nothing further happens - the film does not play, nor is it selected.

If I change PowerDVDCinema to PowerDVD in the above all three work - PowerDVD launches, loads the relevant DVD and displays the resume/restart prompt for that disc.

If I remove the /LaunchProgram switch then the behaviour is much the same, depending on which was the most-recently used PowerDVD mode (if I most recently used Classic mode, the classic player loads and works - if I most recently used Cinema mode, the cinema player appears but does nothing).

I'm pretty sure this was working in a previous version, but may have dreamt it - has anyone else got this to work, or is it a bug (or known limitation)?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
"I'm pretty sure this was working in a previous version, but may have dreamt it - has anyone else got this to work, or is it a bug (or known limitation)?"

As far as I know this is a known limitation and the mentioned paramters only work in the classic mode.

For the CinemaMode the "AUTOSTART" parameter should be the only working one

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan