Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Enhanced a clip using ColorDirector, but it flopped.
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Just curious what happened here, and why. If anyone has any ideas?

I used ColorDirector to make some adjustments to a clip. When I was satisfied with what I had done I clicked "Apply" and then returned to PowerDirector11 and finished the video and produced it.

But, the produced video was not right. The colors and saturation kept shifting every few seconds.

I had to re-do the video, and I used the Fix/Enhance built into PD11. The produced video turned out fine.

Any guesses as to why ColorDirector failed? ~Tom~
[Post New]
Hello Tom,

Glad you got your final video produced as you wished, but it's concerning that ColorDirector's adjustments weren't retained correctly in the produced file.

I have noticed similar behaviours occasionally, but I cannot recall the particular steps I took. It's unclear exactly what steps you've taken so the issue might be replicated.

Could you provide a step-by-step procedure please? Were any of the adjustments tou made keyframed? When you say, "click Apply", do you mean "Back" (to return to PDR?)

I've just tested a few things here, all involving starting in PDR, selecting a clip for Fix/Enhance > ColorDirector, making adjustments, then returning to PDR for production. I've tried various global & regional adjustments.

Global - manual & preset
Regional - gradient mask & selection mask

In the tests I've run just now, I've been unable to replicate the issue. Obviously, there is one! Perhaps other members could test once you provide a little more detail.

PIX

PIX YouTube channel
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

Let me see how much I can remember.......

In PD11, clicked on Fix/Enhance, clicked on ColorDirector and it opened up with my video clip.

I used some of the adjustment tools such as contrast, brightness, vibrance. However, I clicked many different adjustments only to find I did not like the result and so went back to the original clip settings. I also tried some of the pre-loaded Effects. After I made a few adjustments that I liked the result, I clicked on Apply at the bottom of the window, and the at the top of the window clicked Back.

This took me back to PD11 and the clip in the timeline now showed the icon that an adjustment had been made.

I went ahead and produced my video and the result was constant fluctuation of the enhanced clip between various colors and contrasts, etc. ~Tom~
[Post New]
Tom,

It would appear that our friends in R&D have been taking notice of your findings http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26374.page#143453

PIX PIX YouTube channel