Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 4 won't open with PD11 in Director Suite Package. Error message displayed
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone else get this message? Using Director Suite.

1. Place any of the sample images on the timeline.
2. Select the image on the timeline.
3. Select the Fix/Enhance Button.
4. Select the PhotoDirector Button.
5. Photo Director doesn't open.
6. Error Message Displayed (see attachment)

1. I have tried using Video drivers 12.3 & 12.8. No Difference.
2. My Video cards meets Cyberlinks recommended requirements.
3. I can export from PhotoDirector into Power Director11 with no problem.

PowerDirector 11 - 64-Bit - Build 11.0.0.2110
PhotoDirector 4 - Build 3306

Kevin
[Thumb - PD11 Photo Director error message.PNG]
 Filename
PD11 Photo Director error message.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
632 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
440 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 14:41

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Update: No changes made to my system setup.

As a means to troubleshoot the problem:

1. I uninstalled Director Suite using Control Panel, this uninstalls PD11, PhotoDirector 4, Audio Director, ColorDirector.
2. I installed a version of Power Director 11, Build 2013 separately.
3. I installed a version of Photo Director 4, Build 3207 separately.
4. Opened PD11 and placed a sample image on the timeline.
5. Selected the Fix/Enhance Button.
6. Selected the PhotoDirector Button.
7. Image opened just fine in PhotoDirector.
8. Edited the image and closed PhotoDirector.
9. Image was imported into Power Director 11 successfully.

So there appears to possible a problem with the Director Suite package or a problem that developed in later builds with PowerDirector and/or PhotoDirector.

Currently reinstalling Director Suite.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 14:43

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You are 10 builds in PowerDirector out of date and some 3 builds with PhotoDirector. You are not using the released versions of either product.

Update and retest and then re-post.

Works fine in the customer released builds.

Dafydd

Update: No changes made to my system setup.

1. I uninstalled Director Suite using Control Panel.
2. I installed Power Director 11, Build 2013 separately.
3. I installed Photo Director 4, Build 3207 separately.

So there appears to possible a problem with the Director Suite package or a problem that developed in later builds with PowerDirector and/or PhotoDirector.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 13:24

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Reinstallation of Director Suite seemed to do the trick to fix the problem.

I am hoping these are the latest builds currently installed on my system.

PowerDirector 11 Build 2110
PhotoDirector 4 Build 3306

You are 10 builds in PowerDirector out of date and some 3 builds with PhotoDirector. You are not using the released versions of either product.

Dafydd

So if I understand what you are saying. In my initial post I said that I was using PowerDirector 11, Build 2110 and experiencing this problem and this version is 10 Builds out of date?

PowerDirector 11 Build 2110

Are not released versions?

Installation of previous builds in my second post were installed as a troubleshooting measure to see if the problem changed. Thanks for your help.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Update: No changes made to my system setup.

1. I uninstalled Director Suite using Control Panel.
2. I installed Power Director 11, Build 2013 separately.
3. I installed Photo Director 4, Build 3207 separately.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Edit: Turns out I'm out of date too. While I was doing the screen capture, you resolved it.

Hi Kevin -

That function seems to be working over here. No error message. Screen capture attached.

I'd post my DxDiag, but I wouldn't want people casting nasturtiums on my GPU.

Sidenote to observers - PhotoDirector button is only available in Fix/Enhance when a compatible image is selected... .jpeg, .bmp, .tiff - but NOT .png

Cheers - Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extract from Help File:

If you have CyberLink PhotoDirector* and/or ColorDirector* installed on your computer, you can access the advanced fixes and enhancements available in these programs from within CyberLink PowerDirector. The adjustments you make to your media clips are then imported back into your current video production.

Note: * optional feature in CyberLink PowerDirector.

CyberLink PhotoDirector is a photography program that lets you manage and adjust your digital photos. CyberLink ColorDirector is a video editing program that turns your video footage into eye-catching movies through the use of video color creating and correcting.

To adjust an image in CyberLink PhotoDirector, do this:

1. Select the image clip on the timeline, click the Fix / Enhance button above the timeline, and then the PhotoDirector button. The CyberLink PhotoDirector program opens.

2. Perform the adjustments on the image as necessary. Please consult the help file in CyberLink PhotoDirector for detailed information on adjusting and editing images in that program.

3. Once you finish adjusting the image file in CyberLink PhotoDirector, click the Back button within the program. Your changes are saved and the adjusted image is imported back into the timeline.
 Filename
PD_PhD.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1132 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
471 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 13:52

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Note: Screen capture attached above was run using PD11.0.0.2110 & PhD 4.0.3306 - same as Kevin's previous installation.

So - the fix was in the re-installation, rather than using a later build.

OK - I'd better get hold of the latest versions!

PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Thanks everyone:

1. I experienced my initial problem using the latest customer released versions of PowerDirector 11, Build 2110 and PhotoDirector 4, Build 3306. Screen capture of error message was observed using these customer released builds( as far as I know these are the latest). That's why I posted the issue.

2. I then uninstalled Power Director Suite.

3. I installed earlier builds of PD11 and PhD4 as a troubleshooting method to see if the problem would resolve itself. Installing PD11 and PhD4 would take less time than reinstalling the entire Director Suite. Just was what I did to try to correct the problem.

4. The problem went away with the earlier builds of PD11 and PhD4 installed. Image was imported into PhotoDirector 4 for editing.

5. To get myself back to where I was before I reinstalled Director Suite.

6. I retested the steps that had led me to the initial error message being displayed and the problem was still corrected. I would hope the reinstallation took care of the problem. Just thought I would report my exact steps taken for future reference.

8. Reinstallation seems to correct many strange problems as we have all have found. But now that the Package has 4 programs and other stuff included it takes a bit longer to do this.

Thanks for everyones help and input.

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Quote: Note: Screen capture attached above was run using PD11.0.0.2110 & PhD 4.0.3306 - same as Kevin's previous installation.

You are correct Tony, it appears the reinstallation fixed my problem not the installation of "ealier" builds as I tried to do. I was simply trying to see if the problem was corrected or present by using a different combination of PD11 and PhD4. I certainly don't have lots of extra time to fix a problem!

Tony, before you try to get the "latest" builds, we probably need to know if we are using the latest customer released builds. We probably are already using the latest builds.

Are these the latest versions???????

PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Build 2110
AudioDirector 3 Build 0906
ColorDirector Ultra Build 2107

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 14:28

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Here are a couple of other users that are using PowerDirector 11 Ultimate. Just take a look at the attached screenshots in the link.

Build 2110

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24675.page

Either we are all out of date or something else?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 24. 2012 14:39

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Note: Screen capture attached above was run using PD11.0.0.2110 & PhD 4.0.3306 - same as Kevin's previous installation.

You are correct Tony, it appears the reinstallation fixed my problem not the installation of "ealier" builds as I tried to do. I was simply trying to see if the problem was corrected or present by using a different combination of PD11 and PhD4. I certainly don't have lots of extra time to fix a problem!
Tony, before you try to get the "latest" builds, we probably need to know if we are using the latest customer released builds. We probably are already using the latest builds.
Are these the latest versions???????
PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Build 2110
AudioDirector 3 Build 0906
ColorDirector Ultra Build 2107

Hi Kev

I couldn't re=produce the problem from your initial post, however n my desktop I have four stand alone icons:

PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Build 2013
PhotoDirector 4 Build 3207
AudioDirector 3 Build 2009
ColorDirector Ultra Build 2010

We all seem to have "different versions".

All four programs work in harmony and all work fine. Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Hey thanks for checking to see if you could duplicate the problem.

My problem was corrected on reinstalling the software. They all work in unison as they are intended.

Kevin
Tropical-FX Studios
Newbie Location: Northern California, USA Joined: Dec 14, 2010 22:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Kevin

I also couldn't reproduce the problem from your initial post.
Everything worked as it should.

I have a virgin install of Director Suite with the following;

PowerDirector 11 Ultimate Build 11.0.0.2110
PhotoDirector 4 Ultra Build 4.0.3306
AudioDirector 3 Ultra Build 3.0.0906
ColorDirector Ultra Build 1.0.2107

AMD Catalyst 12.8

Glad to hear your's is working correctly now. Best Regards,
Steve

PD12 Ultimate v2706. Computer: MSI X58M, Intel i7-980 6-core @ 3.33 Ghz, 24 GB RAM, 2X ATI Radeon HD 6870 2GB in Crossfire, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on Samsung 1TB SSD 840 EVO + 600GB VelociRaptor + 5TB of WD Storage.
Director Suite 2