Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
For Nvidia Graphic card users - New driver,Beta 304.48,released
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Nvidia has made available the latest driver, 304.48 Beta
Link:http://www.nvidia.in/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-in

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2012 02:54

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Calsi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2012 21:59 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Is this update avaiable for all Nvidia cards ?.
I have a GeForce 8400 GS.

Thanks.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is this update avaiable for all Nvidia cards ?.
I have a GeForce 8400 GS.

Thanks.

Go to the link and look. Here is the link: http://www.nvidia.in/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-in

Suggestion: Unless you are having a lot of issues as described in the beta release notes, DO NOT USE A BETA DRIVER unless you want to live with the consequences. It may screw up your card/computer. That is why it is a beta (trial/test).

The latest for your card is 301.42 if you are using Windows 7, Vista, or XP. That is not the correct driver for W8. Double check by entering your information in the link. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Never had a problem with Beta so far. I have already updated it to latest version. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Never had a problem with Beta so far. I have already updated it to latest version.

There is always the first time !

As I said, it was my recommendation not to use the beta. You and the poster who replied can do as they wish.

The latest recommended driver is only 9 days old. If I might ask, are you updating to solve and issue or just to get the latest? Are you running Windows 8? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
I second what Stevek says, if it aint broken don't fix it! most graphic driver enhancements are games orientated not graphics programs like PS and or PD.

I have actually seen 1 post in another forum stating the new drives are showing no load for PD10 under the new drivers, this is clearly wrong but does show if your system is running well, leave well enough alone and let some other poor unpaid shmuck beta test for you :

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA1366 X58
Intel core I7 950 3.80 GHZ CPU
12Gb Corsair TR3X3G1600C8D Tri channel
Corsair H70 Water cooling
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
Intel 240Gb SSD 520 Series
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
[Post New]
Just a warning,well least for me I got the problem with the beta version drivers.

I use the beta to test it and found out that for me least when trying to use PD10 my video keeps rendering and pause constantly every seconds which I can't view my video on the go.

With he official drivers my videos playbacks are smooth and constant with no delays or long pauses.

Hope they will be a patch for PD10 to be fix when the beta version comes out for the official release.

pic:

Did more testing.
The beta drivers only uses 3 to 5% GPU usage when I produce a video with a video length of 30 which took me more then an hours to make.

With the official driver(301.42) My GPU usage jumps up 12 to 25% which only take me about 25 mins to produce the same video clip length of 30Min.

I'm using m2ts for testing cause that's what I used constantly to produce 150Mbitrate HD footage quality to use on vidcoder program to produce small 8 Mbitrate clips for my youtube channel.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 24. 2012 04:22

kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting reports with the beta driver,

My results are quite different.

I just rendered an m2ts file that is 2:00:35:20 long,,it took 6 minutes and used 55% GPU.... Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
[Post New]
Wow!!
I had no luck with the beta,think the beta was actually meant for your 680 then older model now like my 570.

Some of my games actually perform bad then the whql.
babindia
[Post New]
How a driver reacts depends on graphics card, configuration, software,OS used.
Try the Beta. If it is helpful,well and good, else rollback,simple PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Beta drivers.

This discussion topic brings back fond memories for me about another thread involving a beta video card driver. Who started the topic about the beta driver? I think it was someone named:

QUICKSCHOLES

I think Beta drivers should be discussed and their validity confirmed by users in this forum. This is evident here as the driver works for some and not for others. It proves to be useful to others who are interested in knowing.

Cap'n
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
stevek
[Post New]
Why not just use the last release - 9 days earlier than the beta. Isn't the place to discuss the beta on the NVidia site?

Who will have to make a change to have a driver work with this program?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2012 16:49

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Why not just use the last release - 9 days earlier than the beta. Isn't the place to discuss the beta on the NVidia site?

Who will have to make a change to have a driver work with this program?

I think the beta driver should be discussed intelligently in both forums, since the goal of a video editor is to create a recipe that has the proper ingredients including hardware configuration and software configuration including video card drivers to have a positive editing experience. Open and intelligent discussion benefits users of Power Director to have as much information as possible. If someone chooses not to evaluate a beta driver then they don't get involved, simple as that. Then they don't get involved in this topic of discussion.

In my previous topic reference, Nvidia's beta video driver was reporting the utilization of parallel processing which was of great interest to me and others since Cyberlink's Power Director software reported this integrated feature was an advantage within their software to enhance the video editing experience.

I think beta video card driver discussion is invaluable.

Cap'n
djmorgan
Senior Member Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Oz. Joined: Mar 09, 2007 07:07 Messages: 233 Offline
[Post New]
You can discuss beta drivers here until the cows come home but unless any issues are transmitted to nVidia (AMD) in their prescribed format and forum nothing will be done.

To that end I can't see the point!

David Windows 7 X64 SP1
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Excellent!

I respect and hear your opinion. My opinion is just is different. It's not right or wrong, just an opinion.

So once issues are identified in this forum then they are discussed in the Nvidea forum. You can have the support of all the members in this forum to confirm observations relevant to what OS platform(32 bit,64 bit, hardware configuration, etc.) and have quick access to user observations and feedback.

Fortunately for us we are not doing God's work here just installing a beta video driver and seeing if it works with the video editing software on our setup. If it doesn't work you simply roll back to where you were. No fuss, no real muss.

Cap'n
djmorgan
[Post New]
Presupposing you have a problem in the first place!

Personally I have no problems with PD10 nor its performance, I will never expect it to render in the blink of an eye nor burn a DVD quicker than a gulp, so whilst I keep my expectations modest, my system will be free of software issues.

If you believe installing, uninstalling and installing software is done at no cost, why do your think Nvidia themselves have a facility for a clean install?

But of course you are right what we discuss here is a personal choice, just so those that who perhaps don't have as much experience as others are given both sides of the story in order to make a balanced decision

David.
Windows 7 X64 SP1
Corsair HX1000W PSU
nVidia GTX 980
2 x Seagate 1 Tb
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Great topic BabIndia!!

Lots of useful feedback for us to digest and learn from.

Cap'n
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Just chiming in to agree with the Cap’n.

I don’t think it’s a matter of “resolving” any new driver’s malfunctioning issues here in Cyberlink’s forum.

I, like many members here, are not all that tech inclined. Yet we enjoy our PD, and desire that it work at peak performance on our various rigs.
But, we are not inclined to go to the video card forums to slog through the discussions of the pro and cons of a new, or new beta driver, that are generally focused on this or that video game’s performance.

But a heads up here, as to how well or poorly a new or a new beta driver may effect one’s PD’s performance (offered by fellow members here who are willing to investigate and share their results with respect to performance directly relating to PD), seems quite appropriate and beneficial to the membership here.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
babindia
[Post New]
IMHO Nvidia is very responsive to users' problems;no wonder you see an update almost once a month. I would not say the same about ATI though.
As Kevin rightly says as PD uses GPU processing power it would be worthwhile to try new drivers;who knows maybe someone's long standing problem may get resolved.
PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The place to discuss Beta drivers is on the Nvidia forum and not here.
Thread closed.
Forum Moderator