Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
synching suggestions
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to adjust audio to match video when the capture process has created an -out-of-synch clip? I have separated the audio from the video. Then my intuition was to select the audio, and use the left-right arrow keys to adjust it in small increments, but that seems to have no effect. Obviously I can slide it with the mouse, but that seems heavy handed. Any ideas for fine tuning the audio left and right?

Thanks,

Jim PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
UnlikelySalsero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2012 12:50 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Anyone have any suggestions for the best way to adjust audio to match video when the capture process has created an -out-of-synch clip? I have separated the audio from the video. Then my intuition was to select the audio, and use the left-right arrow keys to adjust it in small increments, but that seems to have no effect. Obviously I can slide it with the mouse, but that seems heavy handed. Any ideas for fine tuning the audio left and right?

Thanks,

Jim

I sync video with an external audio track and I was looking for the same "nudge" keystrokes.

Bad news: no keystrokes.

Great news: If you zoom in (keyboard shortcuts - Plus or Minus keys on keypad) then the mouse will let you adjust down to a single frame if necessary. The zoom level changes how much the track moves with each snap to grid. If you zoom in enough, it's frame-by-frame. If it's zoomed out, it's a second or two (exact amount depends on zoom).

I'd still like them to add the keystrokes to nudge, but the mouse works great when you zoom in enough. Using plus/minus makes the zoom adjustments easy.

I've been able to get near perfect sync in the audio, and I've found if I'm off a few frames, it looks synced (but usually get it down to one frame or so.)

I always have the camera audio as my reference, so in my case I play/adjust until they blend together, then turn off the camera sound track. You can so the same visually.

Hope this helps. PD 12 - 12.0.2930.0
Windows 8 (64 bit)
16 GB RAM
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JSC, any luck on getting the guide to work? I'm trying this one out myself and see how it goes.

Thanks for the share sir.
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestions. Using the + and - definitely saves time in zooming in and out rather than sliding the timeline left and right. I am able to get it in synch by dragging the audio (or video) clip. It would be nice if the arrow keys worked.

Jim PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER