Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to import titles from PD8
tkneu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 23:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I searched but could not find how to import the titles I made in PD8 to PD10. I tried just copying the titles from the PD8 folder (My Titles) to the PD10 folder, but that didn't seem to work. Any thoughts?
peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I'm not sure with this but this thread might give you a good headstart.
tkneu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 23:49 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Can you post the link to the thread? It doesn't seem to appear...
[Post New]
Path to text created PD10, not sure, try to add the folders (Title_xxx) PD8 text here maybe work, careful not to overwrite the existing folder with the same name.
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\10.0\MyTitles

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 20. 2012 19:35

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
In the folder playsound mentioned... C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector, all customised titles, PiP objects and motion paths are stored. Customised menus are in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\Custom Menus, in sub-folders.

I thought that customised titles from PD8 should be available in PD10 if they're stored in that file location... however, they're not all there. My customised titles from PD9 are all available, but not all from PD7 & PD8.

I'll investigate further.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
ynotfish

Thanks for the correction, my PC has a name similar to the User and made confusion.
The PD10 last installation I did with the PC clean so I'm not sure if he takes the material from the previous version, I think so.