Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TIMELINE MARKER NAVIGATION ISSUE
Calsi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2012 21:59 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I need a way to accurately get to time line markers. Moving the curser to the marker is difficult because the curser covers the marker so you dont know if you are precisely at the marker. Other editing programs have a go to or snap to and I don't know if PD 10 has this feature.

Any ideas on a way to do this?.

Thanks.

peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Any ideas on this would be sure helpful. I've been trying to play around with these myself without any luck.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
the 'Comma' and the "period" key advance comma back 1 frame, period forward one frame.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Also expand your timeline some so the distance between markers is a little farther.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
If you have a exact time you want the scrubber to move to, you can type the time in the preview time display, when you press Enter the scrubber will jump to that exact time.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Calsi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2012 21:59 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Carl,

Your solution worked like a charm. I don't think I would have figured that one out. Now I know why it is important to save your markers in the marker list.

Thanks for your quick response
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey Carl,

Your solution worked like a charm. I don't think I would have figured that one out. Now I know why it is important to save your markers in the marker list.

Thanks for your quick response

I find myself filling up a 5x8 paper pad with notes on time points when I am editing.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
If you right click on the timeline ruler, you can select "View all timeline markers" from the pop-up menu. That will give you a list of the markers with the time and name. You can select a marker in the list and click OK. That will select the marker on the timeline, but the timeline pointer won't move to that marker. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.