Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HAPPY NEW YEAR
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Mates,

Me and me Shelia wish you all a fair dinkum Aussie new year, and hope you had a real beaut Christmas.

We are going to have a few quiet tinnies with some blokes and shelias who are coming round to my house on Mundy for a barbi, all welcome, BYO, hope you all can come, if not, no worries, we will still have a bonzer time.

See ya soon

Robert
Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
armano [Avatar]
Newbie Location: El Salvador Joined: Jan 01, 2007 10:18 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Same to you and your sheila mate,
And lets put tha PD6 to a good use and bring us video of the barbi.
No more error messages!
No more crashes!
Great looking videos!!
[Post New]
I live in the USA, Oklahoma no less. I enjoy reading the postings from other countries and the language that is spoken in different parts of the world.

I wish all of you a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Jim D
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Robert,

I fear that you have carried cultural integration a little too far, although they had a different term for it in the old empire days.

As a Brit settled in a new country, may I venture to say that one must not lose sight of the correct use of language, particularly when communicating with a wide international audience, whatever one must do when within the local society.

I think I understand the gist of what you were writing, although some of the more colloquial terms escaped me.

Suffice that I return the compliment and wish you and your wife a happy and prosperous New Year.

Yours most sincerely,

Adrian

(PS both of us can talk crap in our own ways, can't we? - you more than me, of course!) Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dear Robert,

I fear that you have carried cultural integration a little too far, although they had a different term for it in the old empire days.

As a Brit settled in a new country, may I venture to say that one must not lose sight of the correct use of language, particularly when communicating with a wide international audience, whatever one must do when within the local society.

I think I understand the gist of what you were writing, although some of the more colloquial terms escaped me.

Suffice that I return the compliment and wish you and your wife a happy and prosperous New Year.

Yours most sincerely,

Adrian

(PS both of us can talk crap in our own ways, can't we? - you more than me, of course!)

Hi Adrian,

How on earth did this 9 year old post find the light of day again, posted in the days when this was a fun forum to be a contributor on and before you became a member, your addition to the forum was like a breath of fresh air and we had a lot of friendly bantor going on with Dafydd, Barry and a few others.

How things change

Anyway I hope you and your partner find everything you are looking for in 2017

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the kind words, Robert. It was indeed great fun to become part of the forum. Perhaps something of that will be regained in 2017 - we can but try!

When I saw the old post, I thought - 10years, a long time and a lot of water under the bridge, but I shall treat it as if it were now, and take you to task for being too integrated! lol.

Thanks for the good wishes.

As one gets older I think we all appreciate the value of old friends and family and how important it is to live each day. The young (as we once were as well) think they are immortal, but they know they have their lives ahead and so it is an immortaility with a backstop, so to speak.

When one gets older, we come to terms with the realisation there is no backstop any longer and also, if we are lucky in health and prosperity, we can act as if we are immortal, but with the real freedom of no backstop!

When I went out again to my lovely island in the Philippines in 2014, I had no idea of what my future would be, but the freedom of leaving the UK at the age of 62 with no keys of any sort with me - none - was wonderful! Cool or what?

Anyway, enough philosophy, have a good one wherever you may be.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
When I first started reading thsi thread I was thinking 'hmmm this is ceratainly and old thread dug up again' ... and then realized what was happening.

This was nice to see. I'm sure some are thinking that this has nothing to do with addressing 'issues' ... and that's true but.... this is nice to see - when old friends/aquaintences meet.

Happy New Year guys.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
vn800rider
[Post New]
Always good to swap greetings and a small catch up at this time of year, makes the forum less of a "garage" for fixing things (effective and successful though it is!!) and more of a club where members can interact on a theme and within a subject, so to speak.

Cheers

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius