Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dazzle DVC 100
GrampyPeter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2011 00:55 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have Power Director version 10 and win 7.
I am trying to capture video from my vcr through a Dazzle dvc-100.

I think I have all the latest drivers and software. Device Manager sees the dazzle video and audio.
PowerDiector sees the video but not the audio.

Any suggestions please. Thank you Peter
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have Power Director version 10 and win 7.
I am trying to capture video from my vcr through a Dazzle dvc-100.

I think I have all the latest drivers and software. Device Manager sees the dazzle video and audio.
PowerDiector sees the video but not the audio.

Any suggestions please. Thank you Peter

In the Capture module there is a Settings button, Click that button brings up a window that has three tabs, Video Setup, Video, and TV setup.

The Video setup has both the video and Audio settings, Both sources must be configured.

Settings Menu
[Thumb - Capture Settings.png]
 Filename
Capture Settings.png
[Disk]
 Description
Settings menu in Capture Module
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
229 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24. 2017 11:22

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

GrampyPeter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2011 00:55 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply Carl.

My Analog Video Settings box shows:
Capture device: "Dazzle DVC100"
Capture Source: "Video Composite." A second choice in this window is S Video.
Audio Device: "Microphone (Hi Def Audio Device)" (which is the built in mic in my laptop.) No other choices.
Mixer button has nothing about the Dazzle.

I forgot to mention that I have installed the trial version of PowerDirector 10 in this laptop. I have the full paid version in another laptop and it recognizes the Dazzle video and audio just fine. Is the trial version lacking some features that the full version has?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the reply Carl.

My Analog Video Settings box shows:
Capture device: "Dazzle DVC100"
Capture Source: "Video Composite." A second choice in this window is S Video.
Audio Device: "Microphone (Hi Def Audio Device)" (which is the built in mic in my laptop.) No other choices.
Mixer button has nothing about the Dazzle.

I forgot to mention that I have installed the trial version of PowerDirector 10 in this laptop. I have the full paid version in another laptop and it recognizes the Dazzle video and audio just fine. Is the trial version lacking some features that the full version has?

Yes, the trial version has missing features. The paid Ultra version is the full feature program.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Kathleen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2013 15:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink tells me it is not compatible.