Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wrong message while copying clips to another track
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Try this
1. Put any sample clip on time line track 1
2. Right click and copy
3. Click anywhere else on the time line
4. Right click
5. Click "Copy to"
A menu pops up asking "Above track 1" while it should be "Below track 1"

[Thumb - Wrong popup.png]
 Filename
Wrong popup.png
[Disk]
 Description
Wrong message pop-up
 Filesize
208 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
149 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 00:44

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
ynotfish
Did you try copying it on track 2 :-? PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

[Post New]
BabInd

To paste, I use the keyboard (Ctrl + V) pastes at the cursor position, usually take the cursor to the right, then drag clip to the new position, track you want.
The way you do, sometimes works, sometimes does not appear copies

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 06:48

babindia
[Post New]
I think I am not clear in explaining the issue.
I am talking about the menu pop-up which says "Copy above track 1" when it is impossible to copy above track 1 PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I think I am not clear in explaining the issue.
I am talking about the menu pop-up which says "Copy above track 1" when it is impossible to copy above track 1

BabInd,

I followed your steps and here is what I get:
1 - Place clip on track 1: OK
2 - Right click - select copy: OK
3 - Click away on the time line: OK
4 - Right click - select copy to: default selection is "Below track 2" Other options in the drop down are "Above track 1" and "Above track 2"
5 - Clip is inserted where I request. If I request "Above track 1", a new Track 1 is created and the clip inserted there.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
[Post New]
Coferi again, in my view there is nothing wrong.
Copy and paste full track to the same position, above or below the original clip, new track up strength to renumber all the tracks, down the range of effects, but can be dragged back.
In PD, the tracks below, has priority over the track above.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2012 14:40

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
BabInd -

Sorry - my first post was intended to be a little bit humorous. It obviously wasn't.

I should have just said that the option of copying the clip to "Above Track 1" is perfectly reasonable. Selecting that option results in the behaviour Hal & playsound have described. Tracks are re-numbered.

In fact, without that option (if that's what was needed), there'd be a couple of extra steps for the user.

Cheers - Tony
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I think I am not clear in explaining the issue.
I am talking about the menu pop-up which says "Copy above track 1" when it is impossible to copy above track 1

You get the pop-up message you do as you did not select "Copy to" but rather a mouse slip and got "Move to". This is evident by your image in the initial post with "Move to" in the upper left of the box. If "Copy to" was selected the box would say "Copy to".

I think for what's in the timeline and what you selected, "Move to" the box is correct.

Jeff
ynotfish
[Post New]
That's JL_JL Investigations for you... attention to detail!

Jeff - apart from missing Bab's mouse slip, I might be missing something else. The only difference I see is "Copy to" creates an extra copy & "Move to" doesn't. The track options are the same.

Still - bottom line. PD is doing what it's told to do & that's a good thing!

Cheers - Tony