Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 crashes with SmartSound
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
I only use PDR9 for slide shows, it has more slide show options than my 3 other NLE's, so I import all my images, select a slide show style, create (without any audio) then produce. Place the produced file into the timeline, then add SmartSound music, select and place in music track, so far so good, it plays without issue. Then try to stretch out music to match length of produced file, music track stretches, then wham bang thank you mam, PowerDirector has encountered a problem then shuts down, time and time again.

I then import the same produced file into my other NLE's, (tried with all 3) added the same SmartSound track, stretched to match length of file, now, something must be drastically wrong with my setup, because all 3 other NLE's imported and played perfectly, and we all know that PowerDirector could not possibly have an issue, we are always told that it our systems that have the problem and not PD.

Can someone, therefore please advise, what could possibly be wrong with my setup, when 3 other NLE's do not have an issue.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert -

Is that a lump in your cheek, or are you just happy to be here?

I've not ever seen SmartSound do that, except in the Create Disc module. As we all know, there have been issues with the way PowerDirector & SmartSound interact... even though other software doesn't share the same problem.

These may not be solutions, but the first things I'd do to try to remedy the issue are:
1. Reinstall the latest Quicktime http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
2. Check for SS updates (within the SS module)
... still no go?
3. Download & re-install QuickTracks - 5.1.8 http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html?product=cyberlink

Hope something there does it for you Robert!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2012 02:20

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response,

Have Quicktime 7.71 installed, but downloaded and reinstalled.
Have QuickTracks 5.1.8.0 installed, but downloaded and reinstalled.
SmartSound modules are up to date, I also have SonicFire Pro installed.

Unfortunately problem still exists

So it would appear that my use of PDR9 is just getting further limited, just as well that I have other NLE's that do work flawlessly.
Maybe I should follow the lead of others and just remove PDR9 from my system.

Robert

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Is your PowerDirector 9 build 3305?

If not you should think about updating.

The latest Smart Sound engine is 5180.

Of course you should be sure your audio card drivers are up to date, check the manufacturer.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.