Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slam/Stamp effect in Titles
McRippins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 20:37 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All,

I am new to this program and to the community. I am quite simply trying to figure out how to create the Slamming stamp effect in my title. The idea is to create a strong emphasis on the text. I've seen this effect in many movies over the years, but I cannot figure out how to do it in PowerDirector 10. I've looked through all (i think) of the title effects and did not really see what I was looking for. Effectively the title text would come from 3D space and slam onto the canvas. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I uploaded a similar example to what i'm trying to do.

http://youtu.be/cmt6P_XgvRU

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 21:15

Hi
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't looked at the title effects, but it you don't find what you are looking for, you could always create each letter as a graphic. Then place them on the time line and apply a motion path to make them fly in. That would not rotate them, but you could do a little of that, too. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
McRippins [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm okay. I can look into that idea. I really just started using this program last night, and it's my first video ever. Unfortunately I have a lot more ideas than I do knowledge. Thanks for the work around! Hi
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi McRippens

Welcome to the forum

I know the effect you are after - unfortunately PD10 does not have the stamp text effect.

If this is what you're after, a quick 'workaround' is possible

Here's how it is done

Then Produce the file and place back in second video track with a white board on the top.

I recommend a Paint editor to create PNG files. Google PaintNet - it's free.

Then go to Youtube and watch the tutorials by PDToots - not only on PowerDirector but how to use PaintNet

Happy editing

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 22:34

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Great stuff Neil!!!

McRippin -

Don't forget what Albert Einstein said: Imagination is more important than knowledge There's nothing wrong with having an idea, THEN working out how to do it.

Since it's your first project with PD, just some basic ideas that might help get the effect you want:

1. In the Title Room:
a. Try using no effect at all (so the words just suddenly appear)
b. If you do use a starting or ending effect, set the duration as short as you can!
(even effects that don't look like they have much punch will look better)

2. Adding a sound effect will give it a bit of extra BIFF! (a couple attached for you).

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
SFX_Slam.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
548 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
959 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 02. 2012 22:44

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
McRippins [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow! You guys are an excellent community. Thank you so much for the tips.

Hi