Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Buring Problems
Askanison [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2011 21:51 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi first time poster (I think).
I had PowerDirector 8 and only used it to burn one home move to bluray a few months ago an no problems.
When I went to create a new one it crapped out overnight. It got to the aprox. 75% completion.
I couldn't figure it out and yes I forgot the error code. Some sort of burning problem I think.

I updated to PD9 today and tried to do the project again and it crapping out at 3%. Error code E8000FFFF.

Not sure what is going on and I would really like ot burn these movies before xmas.

I am burning to bluray disc, h264 codec, nad HD1920*1080 (24 MBPS).
The camera i used it on is a Canon Vixia HF20 with highest quality settings.

Also, instead of wasting more discs I did the regedit and created the output to folder option.

Any help would be appreciated.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2011 21:58

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Attach a copy of your dxdiag.txt from your computer so we can get a better look at what's going on. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Askanison [Avatar]
[Post New]
It seems to be alot of lines. Any particualr part.
Her is the 1st section:------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/20/2011, 06:06:44
Machine name: JIM-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: DX4200-09
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9150e Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 3838MB RAM
Page File: 3842MB used, 4060MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
BY attach Jaime-esque means, Click on the Post Reply button and not the Quick reply button.

Then Click the blue Attachments button below the big text box, browse to your DXdiag.txt file on your computer attach to your post.

Please do not zip the file, attach The TXT files.

We need to see the entire files

If you have Windows 7, Attach the 32 bit and the 64 bit txt files.

Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 20. 2011 17:22

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Askanison [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry here you go.
Thanks for taking a look and trying to help.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
605 time(s)
 Filename
64-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
64 - DxDiag.txt
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
554 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Askanison,
Thanks for the DXdiag.txt files.

What I see:
1. Windows Vista 32 Bit, not the best system for Video editing.
2. You have an old video card ATI HD 3200, with only 252 MB of dedicated Memory, you need about 1 GB of Video memory for HD editing.
3. Your Drive C: is full, you have 41.6 GB free, Not enough space for Powerdirector to generate its necessary Temporary files.
4. You have a slower 4 Core CPU, its speed is 1.8 GHz, slow by today's video editing requirements.

The thing that is most likely to cause your error is not enough space on C: Powerdirector needs about 100 GB of free space on C: to build a BluRay disk or edit HD Video.

If you have the burn a folder activated, try that without burning directly to the disk.

If you do not have the folder option, you can activate it.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8131.page

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Askanison [Avatar]
[Post New]
I thought maybe it was not enough space so I did the folder activation and it failed there too.
I will still try to clear up more space.

And I know the specs are no that great. But what puzzles me is it was working and now it is not.
And I was not doing any real editing. I am just taking the videos and slapping a menu in front and popping it in the bluray player. No real editing or manipulations going on.

I also don't think I mentioned that when I started the disc the other night it went something like 11 hours of processing and burning before failing. Seems a bit long.
Carl312
[Post New]
also don't think I mentioned that when I started the disc the other night it went something like 11 hours of processing and burning before failing. Seems a bit long.

It is a lot long.

The computer still has to render the video for the BluRay disk. The minimum free space on C: would be 60 GB, and that is iffy. It does not help that your video card can not help rendering. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Askanison [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well I now have aprox. 120GB free on the drive. and I did a test/file burn of a 5 GB bluray and the file seem to be created just fine.

I will try for the full bluray now and see where it goes.
And the test burn only took 23 minutes so yeah something was definiltely off last time.

Thanks for the help.
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
I am not familiar with burning Blu-ray discs, but i know from experience with DVD's sometimes i'm better off burning a folder in PD9 them using Power2Go to burn the actual DVD to avoid random PD errors. You can get a version of Power2Go for free from Cyberlink.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/product/power2go/enu/8/essential-static.jsp
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am not familiar with burning Blu-ray discs, but i know from experience with DVD's sometimes i'm better off burning a folder in PD9 them using Power2Go to burn the actual DVD to avoid random PD errors. You can get a version of Power2Go for free from Cyberlink.

Power2Go will not burn a folder to a Blu-ray disk: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18912.page

I found the from CyberLink to be insulting. Jerry Schwartz
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I am not familiar with burning Blu-ray discs, but i know from experience with DVD's sometimes i'm better off burning a folder in PD9 them using Power2Go to burn the actual DVD to avoid random PD errors. You can get a version of Power2Go for free from Cyberlink.

Power2Go will not burn a folder to a Blu-ray disk: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18912.page

I found the from CyberLink to be insulting.

You must to talking about the free version of Power2Go.

The Current paid version does burn Blu-Ray.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go/overview_en_US.html?&r=1

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

I found the from CyberLink to be insulting.

You must to talking about the free version of Power2Go.

The Current paid version does burn Blu-Ray.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go/overview_en_US.html?&r=1

Oh, no, I paid for Power2Go. If you follow that link and read the thread, you'll see why the original poster and I were hopping mad. Pay particular attention to the message from Brandon - CyberLink. I don't care how many smilies you put in your message, I recognize "Go pound sand" when I see it. Jerry Schwartz
Carl312
[Post New]
Oh, no, I paid for Power2Go. If you follow that link and read the thread, you'll see why the original poster and I were hopping mad. Pay particular attention to the message from Brandon - CyberLink. I don't care how many smilies you put in your message, I recognize "Go pound sand" when I see it.

Ok, I read the Cyberlink reply, I would have to agree with his statement about creating a Blu-Ray folder in something like Powerdirector 9. The smiles was a bit over the top, could have left that off.

No matter to me, I do not use Power2go. And I do use Powerdirector 9 Ultra 64.

I have somebody Else's burning software and have for years.

I am happy with my commercial disk burning software.
I can burn Blu-Ray video disk from the Powerdirector folder just fine.

Of course there are other software that have the ability to create a Disk Folder, which you need in order to make a DVD or Blu-Ray Video Disk.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2011 09:24

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
For a Blu-Ray folder created by PD you can just burn with typical Windows 7 OS via explorer drag and drop. WIN7 by default supports UDF2.5 (Blu-Rays required format) so just drag the contents of PD's "My Video" folder, folders "CERTIFICATE" and "BDMV" to the disc. Play in Blu-Ray capable player, PS3 or others.

Jeff
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote: For a Blu-Ray folder created by PD you can just burn with typical Windows 7 OS via explorer drag and drop. WIN7 by default supports UDF2.5 (Blu-Rays required format) so just drag the contents of PD's "My Video" folder, folders "CERTIFICATE" and "BDMV" to the disc. Play in Blu-Ray capable player, PS3 or others.

Jeff

Thanks, that's good to know. Jerry Schwartz
ClancM
Senior Member Location: New York Joined: May 26, 2011 22:19 Messages: 175 Offline
[Post New]
Oops, i apologize for the less than useful link, i failed to realize the lack of Blu-ray.
PaulBennett [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2012 01:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
A quick thought which never hurts.

Before undertaking a memory intensive task on any Windows OS, save all work and RESTART the computer, beginning fresh on the project underway..
rburrell071 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: flint mi Joined: Sep 07, 2012 18:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
ok so I've been using PD10 for a couple of months now no problems, I love this software! then just yesterday and today it won't let me burn anything! keeps giving me
error code:eA0000005 the pack queue is empty that causes the muxer to stop muxing and
error code:eEB130783 whats going on? help! I have clients waiting for me to deliver dvd's!! Robert Burrell
rburrell071 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: flint mi Joined: Sep 07, 2012 18:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
by the way running windows 7 64 bit with a I5 proccesor 8 gigs of ram and nearly 200 gig of HD space so I shouldn't e having these issues! Robert Burrell