Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Project to Large, Can I split it into two projects?
edmondb01 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2011 22:48 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have a project that is HD (BD-R). I have completed it and obviously did not pay attention to its final size. It is larger than the 25GB of a BD-R disc. Now that I have put a substantial amount of time into it, I am faced with either spliting it by deleting quite a bit of content, then burning the first part or if possible splinting it and saving the second half into a second project for seperate burn to 2nd disc. Does anyone know if this is possible? edmondb
edmondb01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, just realized I am using version 9, but still have same question with same issue, thanks. edmondb
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
It is certainly possible.

Just create two separate project files Part1 and Part2.

Split the complete project in the middle, save a project file of the complete project with split.
Remove the last half, save Part1 project file.

Re-open the complete project with split,
Remove the first half, save Part2 Project file.

Then produce video or burn disk of each half.

This works on PD 9 or PD 10 or any other version of PD.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

nayan007 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 05, 2011 22:50 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi carl312,thank you for the solution.It is informative for me too !! Love Cyber-Link !!
edmondb01 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much for this solution. I will try it out, thanks again. edmondb