Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with creating a floating windows
Bob Mc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2009 20:50 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all..

I've recently upgraded to PD10 from PD8 and I've got an idea that I want to try out, but could use some help in making it a smooth transition.

What I'd like to do is while the video is playing it split out from one scene in the view to show 4 scenes. So basically I have 4 scenes going at once all in the same view. They all would be sized correctly so there wouldn't be any overlapping, but the trick I'm trying to do is make each of the four scene float out from the center so it's not a sudden crazy looking transition.

The project I'm working on is creating a highlight video for my son's high school football team. My problem is, (which is a good problem) there is simply to much content and I don't want a 20 minute video, that is just way to long. I'd like to split out certain scenes that would coordinate with one another. For example for the big defensive hits I'm using a song that will emphasize those hits, and those would be the type of scenes I want to show multiple ones.

That's just one example, there are others if that doesn't play out as well as I envision. Either way any suggestions on this? Any tutorials I may have looked over or something out there someone can point me to as ways it's been done.

Thanks,
Bob
PD15
Dell Studio XPS 9100 Desktop
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
Intel i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz Quad Core
ATI Radeon HD 5670 -1Gb Mem
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob -

Is this the sort of thing you're after? http://www.youtube.com/user/ynotfish77#p/u/15/0_nthN3mFEA

or are you just wanting to play a group of scenes at the same time arranged on the screen?

The second one is a much easier proposition.

The first step would be editing your original clips to get your scenes - & they might be best to be all the same duration.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bob Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey Tony... Yes I'm wanting to play a group of scenes at the same time, but I don't want it to be a sudden transition from 1 clip to 4, but more like the youtube video you provided, how they motion on and off the screen. My thought is as your watching one clip splits into four with sometype nice floating out motion. I'll do some more research on the PiP motion feature.

btw, didn't account for the clips having to be the same duration, good tip. I will keep that in mind when doing my editing of each scene.

Thanks,
Bob PD15
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Bob,

Here is a tutorial on creating and using pop-up windows in your videos.

This was not done using PD10 but the principles are the same.

Creating pop-up window in Power Director.

You can use any number of windows and place them where you like on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
otown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2011 10:00 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a thread from a while ago...it helped me...

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18577.page#96213
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bob -

You've seen a few suggestions - & there are many other possibilities.

Here's a simple one I did that was testing the quality of the output against the format/profile of the original clips & the load on the PC during editing/production...

http://www.youtube.com/user/ynotfish77#p/u/16/q-yMuqVniNk

Not terribly creative, but that wasn't the purpose... Four clips arranged on the screen - shifting - appearing - disappearing.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2011 13:07

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bob Mc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone! Looks like I've got some work ahead of me, but I've the general giest now.

If I come up with something worth previewing I'll share a link.

Thanks again!
Bob PD15
Win 10 x64
32Gb Memory