Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
System Resources low?
Eagleguys [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2011 05:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
My computer: Windows XP Media. Celeron E3400 @ 2.6GHz w/ 2GB DDR2 Ram
My Problem: I recently purchased Power Director 10. When producing a video file or creating a disk, the finished product will without fail freeze at random points in between clips. What could cause this? Is it system resources or the program?

An un-related question: I have been unable to locate how to add a simple fade to black transition to place in between clips. The transitions I have found want to attach themselves to a clip but not between. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
-Rick
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page;jsessionid=D57453B6D0990EF288340C4766CBC89E

The link above should be a requirement for making a first post.

Without detailed system info, most of these kind contributors will be unable to assist.

Welcome and good luck. WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
If all you want to do is a fade in or out or both between clips and pics you do not need a transition. You simply add fade in or fade out or both to your clip or image..... the transitions are cross or overlap and they both do the same thing differently. Just practice with them....

The transitions... cross will be in the middle between two clips
overlap will be on the left or right side of the center line between two clips depending if you want it to overlap laft or right dominant... ONLY the cross will actually be between so to speak but there will be no space between them. the cross transition will be ON then.

The top is cross... the next two are overlap....

[Thumb - Clipboard01.png]
 Filename
Clipboard01.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
309 time(s)
[Thumb - Clipboard02.png]
 Filename
Clipboard02.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
338 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Nov 23. 2011 11:42

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
So how do you get it to crossover then? Everytime I put one on, it automatically goes to overlap regardless of where I try to drag it. W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB
[Post New]
Nevermind I found it in the preference settings!! W10 on Dell Desktop, 64 bit, 32GB RAM, Intel(R)Core(TM) I5- 3350P CPU, 3.10 Ghz, 1 TB HD, free space - 200 GB