Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hardware Acceleration Demonstration
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
It probably is. Maybe by chance you had the settings set up properly. Before I did any changes I would get pauses and skips when playing my HD Canon video. Now I get about 5% CPU usage and everything is fine. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
[Post New]
Hey...to everyone..thanks for jumping in.

The majority of the problem with PLAYBACK was an old Flash plug-in issue with Firefox causing the video to jerk inside the browser. Updated the FLASH and the only jerk left was slightly north of the keycaps!! video smooth.

The CPU peaking (during rendering AVCHD in PD was the reason I upgraded from 32bit to 64bit in the first place. Unfortunately, Nvidia HAS no new drivers for the GT230! (mine are APR2009).

ALSO, I found out that this card is NOT on Nvidia's "supports CUDA" list!!

I can't get a definitive response from them, but looking at the list, they go from 220 and skip to 240 cards...230 is noticeably missing. I love it when I buy an Edsel, BetaMAX, HD-DVD,all the other things I buy that disappear!!

I have the SPLASH player and it works fine. I hesitate about installing TOO much in the way of codecs, etc. until I get this issue worked over fully....I need no NEW options!!

Sorry this whole post has been "rambling". Let's close this one and I will report later on the 100% CPU utilization in it's own post (I DID after all hijack this one!!).

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 31. 2009 11:49

[Post New]
OK, now I see the problem with my machine. The card in this machine (GT 230) DOES NOT support CUDA. SO back into the box and back to the store goes this. I have a new one coming with a GTX 260 that DOES support CUDA.

I will let you know the difference next week.

P.S. - use of CAPS for emphasis only, not YELLING!!

Cya
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
The GTS230 seems like an odd duck. Its not listed on very many websites, either.

Yes, the GTX260 is a fine choice and prices are great right now. The CUDA drivers actually work now, too. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
[Post New]
Fred/Robert/OTW

I have Video Graphic GeForce 9500 GS 512 MB GDDR2 memory

I was wondering if I should tick/untick the following optiopn of PD8 properties to improve smoothnes of playback and editting.

1. Enable animated interface
2. show sound wave in timeline
3. enable file processing to speed up high definition video editting

4. Enable appending of information into files as RichVideo.
5. Enable Rich video Information in open media dialogue

6. Reduce video blocky artifacts (Intel SSE4 optmized)
7. Allow SVRT om a single IDR H.264 video.

GPU acceleratrion
8. anable NVIDIA CUDA / ATI
9. Anable hardware decoding.

Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.