Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom motion - freehand drawing - on an image??
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Having sorted this, did you enjoy the trip to Arthurs pass?

Ha, I've actually never been there! The animation was from another forum member who I helped to get map animation running a few months back, so I used it for my sample. I'd like to make that trip someday, though
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
It's a favourite for US visitors. In April 2019 I cruised from Sydney to LA via NZ, Tahiti and Hawaii on Golden Princess. More than 50% of the pax were US citizens going home from a holiday down here. The arthurs pass trip is a day excursion from the ship (take it anytime really) docked at Akaroa (christchurch), on the train up the alpine valleys to arthurs pass station (half way over the mountain divide), then by bus back via a sheep station lunch.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
As the one and only optodata can make a yacht sail on dry land from CHRISTCHURCH to Hokitika along the highway. This is an innovative approach!! lol surprisedsealed
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

I decided to check out Maliek’s reply line no. 8 above. Did a Google search for europe canal boat clipart transparent. Downloaded one that had a white background. Open your 2014 river cruise map. Place it in track 1 and place the boat in track 2. Resized the boat to be smaller. Open PiP designer on the boat, Chroma key out the boat white background. Placed the boat at the top left as the starting position and placed a position keyframe. Place an ending position keyframe where the map video ends at the bottom right. Added a few more keyframes in the middle to follow the red paint animation. Attached is the quick n dirty result.

Since this Canal boat trip occurred back in 2014, or 6 years ago then waiting a few more weeks for Maliek’s coming tutorial may be worth it... embarassedlaughing

EDIT: Keep getting Gateway Timeout. Reduced the resolution and size of the attachment video.

Pretty damn sweet Tomas!

My tutorial is complete but it is a few uploads back in the queue. Also, whenever PD 19 comes out I'll have to push the other tutorials in the queue back to drop my review.